Where we go from here

That’s the thing… we have to play consistently and they know that imho now…

last yr we went 0-2, then 3-1 (Getting to 3-3) then 1-5 with injuries and tate leaving…

this yr, we have better depth; new OC and def is getting it done early!

barring injuries, and getting stupid, I just don’t see a 1-5 run for us anywhere this yr remaining.

I see a possible 6-2 over the next 8 games… 4-0 next 4 games…

but I still want 14-1-1 Baby!!

1 Like

And 17-1-1 would be even better!

1 Like

If we go 14-1-1 what is the probability that we make the playoffs??? :grin:

I was at the game. Stafford played great and outplayed Mahomes by a mile. Our defense was good, but had to contain Mahomes on 3rd down as he didn’t hit one difficult throw all day. Our running game was OK despite the stats. The fact we outplayed them with many pieces missing is a great sign of depth, which we haven’t seen here in some time. Every week is a new challenge, but this was just a game we should have had. Everything starts new every week in the NFL.

1 Like

Hi jaded, I’m assuming that this was intended as a yuck yuck. Obviously the statistical percentages at that time would be 100% of making the playoffs :slight_smile: that’s because that’s Means they would have had to have gone 6 - 0 in their own division giving it all the other division teams a minimum of two losses within the division and a minimum of two losses more in addition to the losses they already have. So in short it guarantees they would win the division.

1 Like

Yea, I was joking on two levels…one because Abject always does the probabilities post every week and 2nd because I am pretty skeptical that we would win out…

But we can always dream :slight_smile:

1 Like

The Lions next 4 games are @GB, MINN, NYG, and @OAK. These are all winnable games, but you gotta go out and do it. They should be getting some starters back and hopefully a healthier Stafford, so load and go. How cool would it be to go into the back half at 6-1-1?

1 Like

You listen to a Chiefs podcast and they’re saying the Chiefs won despite having an “off day”
The interesting thing is … so far, most teams seem to be having “off days” when they play the Lions. I’m pretty sure the play of the defense has something to do with that.

There was one replay where they showed the Lions defenders chipping and mucking with Kelce the entire play. I’m thinking that threw him off on that play.
I’m thinking they’re doing a lot of little things very well. Those little things add up to making a difference.

2 Likes

They were definitely playing physical with the TEs and RBs at the line. No buffer with them.
Of course, there were also plays where they found themselves wide open, but for the most part they were being contested at the LOS.