Which DT is best fit for our Defense/Roster?

• KANCEY
  • BRESEE
  • MAZI
  • IKA

0 voters

First vote in. Mazi in the 2nd.

2 Likes

Jalen Carter

3 Likes

He’s got really good closing speed, that’s for sure!

5 Likes

You gotta put Adebawore in there man

4 Likes

I chose option 5…. none of the above.

2 Likes

I’d wait for Jalen Carter to finish his prison sentence before I drafted any of those guys. In reality I’d take Benton or convert of the bigger edge rushers like White, Van Ness, or Adebawori.

1 Like

Carter of course, but Kancey imo. He’s the only guy out of the choices you gave that can consistently rush the passer.

The problem is that if you can run thru that line like shit thru a goose just how much do you need to rush a passer who isn’t passing?

4 Likes

I don’t particularly want any of those guys at where I think they would need to be drafted. Don’t want Ika at all. The other three I just don’t see presenting great value goven where they are expected to go.

Though if I can get Kancey at 48 then I’m all for it.

2 Likes

Hard to get excited about one of these. For this poll, I didn’t vote.
We need a fifth round magical pick here.

A sleeper that don’t seem to get much talk is Zacch Pickens from S Carolina. He was lighter at the combine than he had been listed. He is 6’4 291 with long arms and ran a 4.89. more important he had a 1.71 split. This dude was playing balls out down the stretch last season. They were playing good football at SC. I know they beat Clemson but they had other games against top schools (can’t remember off the top of my head) but this guy was tearing it up. To me there is no question he is a day 2 pick but he is listed much lower.

1 Like

His tape reminds me of Levi!

1 Like

IMO, we need a run stuffing DT. A 1st and 2nd down guy. We have several DEs that can move inside on passing downs.

Reaching for a prospect because he can rush the passer as a IDL is silly imo. Everyone loves Kancey because of the Donald effect. But let’s be real here, he has about a 1% shot at reaching that level.

I’ll take Bresee of these prospects listed. Would be comfortable with him at 18. Otherwise I’ll take Benton in the 2nd round.

6 Likes

He’s fast off the line too.

2 Likes

And a motor that won’t quit.

1 Like

Able to fight through traffic.

1 Like

Plays with a reckless abandon type mindset, no regard for the safety of his opponents, could be Suh 2.0

1 Like

Not a great draft for DTs this year, but I think we need a NT and a 3T. I think they like Alim in the 3T role, so of those I’d probably go with Mazi. I think Benton would be a good fit, but I see a lot of mocks have him going before our 2nd, @Thats2 likes AA and I see the potential, but I dont know that he makes it to our 2nd either. Possible all 3 are gone by our pick on the 2nd. I’d probably elect to sign Rankins, draft Clark if we can get him in the 4th or 5th and hope for a deeper class next year.

1 Like

See people talk about Bresee because of his size and arm length over Kancey, but he was not good against the run in college. He was damn good getting pressure, but subpar against the run. People don’t want Kancey because they fear because of his size he’ll be run, but Kancey held up well against the run at Pitt.

1 Like