Which player do you think can surprise by getting drafted much earlier than expected?

I was curious to know who you all thought could be this year’s draft surprises that get picked earlier than expected.

Mine is Nakobe Dean. I keep seeing mocks where he is taken at #32, which I find absurd. He was invited to the draft, meaning word around is that he is going higher than that, and he may be the best LB in the draft. I think he could even go top 15.

2 Likes

I heard on the radio there was some question about him having a knee injury or potential knee issue? Nakobe Dean that is. Haven’t looked anything up yet, but has anyone else heard this?

EDIT: here’s all I found after an extremely half assed search

I’ll go with the dark horse nobody seems to want early , Kayvon Thibodeaux.

1 Like

To answer this question though I’m gonna go with another obvious, Travon Walker. Although I was on the Walker train for a moment, the more I’ve read and seen it sounds like his tape is not equal to his underwear measurables. So, I guess I’ll pick him? He’ll go top 10 I think for sure.

Its hard to say because everybody’s board is so different.

Personally, I think Kenneth Walker III could go higher than some might think. Like early round 2.

2 Likes

Willis

3 Likes

Christian Watson WR NDSU
Breece Hall RB Iowa St

Jermaine Johnson at 2OA

1 Like

I think he’s a potential late first to be honest.

Ill go Andrew Booth

I’ll play a hunch and say Nik Bonitto.

Edge rushers often surprise…
Ojabo was injured to create a little extra demand…
and I like his burst off the snap.

I think Calvin Austin will go in the first round, which will surprise quite a few.

Jameson Williams is going top 10. Which isn’t all that shocking anymore given his odds have dropped like crazy the past couple of days to be the first receiver off the board.

1 Like

There is a lot of chatter about him going top 10 now… and I believe it.

He has made comments about being ahead of schedule… so will be interesting if a video gets released by his agent just before the draft showing his progress…

I’d fall off my couch if he goes in the 1st round.

I know. You’re one (not the only) I was thinking of.
I’ve seen several mocks with him in the mid-20’s oa.
Someone posted a ranking a couple days ago that had him at 26th, by the numbers.

Teams love speed.

The thing that still bugs me is how he didn’t break the lineup at Ohio State more. It either means that Wilson and Olave are better than they are given credit for, seeing how he is now a top 10 pick, or he was a really late bloomer.

I’m always leery of drafting guys that high who didn’t go through the combine process too. You can’t help being injured, but he has one year of tape (basically - he did make some plays at Ohio State)

It’s peculiar, but the fact that he absolutely crushed it in the SEC says to me that the Ohio State coaching staff was just wrong. Or not wrong, necessarily, since their starting 3 WRs were obviously excellent, but that they quite clearly should have given Jameson more opportunities. I mean, how can you have a guy that fast and explosive and not use him?

Also it’s not like they college coaches haven’t been wrong before. Joe Burrow, Drew Henson over Brady, Priest Holmes, Terrell Davis, even in Terry McLaurin’s best season he was targeted less than half as much as KJ Hill and Parris Campbell… maybe it’s mostly an Ohio State thing.

1 Like

Yeah, it rings a little bit like Joe Burrow, but then again, Ohio State’s WR room is so stacked. I think they were justified a bit on it. I mean JSN probably is better than Williams. But the guy I felt like he should have beat out was Olave. Was it a seniority thing? Or is Olave just a better overall WR.

I think it actually bodes well for how good Wilson and Olave are.

Drake London
and
Jordan Davis - I think those saying because he’s a run stopping DT he’s a 2nd round pick are out of their minds.

1 Like