Which player do you think can surprise by getting drafted much earlier than expected?

I was thinking the Jets but at 10

Cross going as the first OT. Perhaps top 5 pick. He is the most natural pass protection left tackle in the draft.

Here’s a more obscure one. I think Curtis Brooks from Cincinatti goes late on day 2 even though he’s off the radar of many.

High end workout numbers and elite production in 2021 (and decent production in 2019) and in a draft with a dearth of upfield pass rushing DTs.

I’d be pretty fired up to get him at 97 if we haven’t added a DT but I’m doubtful he’ll be there. He’s a little light in that pants but not alramingly so and his skillset is highly differntiated from what we have.

Terrific thread about him by the Twitter poster below.

3 Likes

Really nice find.

1 Like

Kenny Pickett

Kind of cheating here since we just used a visit in him but i think Ja’Quan McMillian might surprise some folks by going late on day 2. Though he is a little bit small he was incredibly productive.

He did just turn 24 so perhaps that moves him down a round or two but I still think he’s got a skillset that is both high in demand and scarce in supply in this draft class.

Its hard to say. I think that a majority of the time a prospect gets drafted higher than expected, its due to something that happened during the underwear olympics.

In that light I think 2 smaller school guys could go much higher than expected, and even the 1st round. In that light I culd see Montana State LB Troy Anderson and North Dakota State WR Chris Watson.

When it comes to players who pop out on tape but aren’t getting hype, I am going to throw out the name of Georgia LB Channing Tindall. He reminds me of the kind of guy that gets drafted earlier than expected and fans get confused…or he falls and has a better career than fans thought.

1 Like

Let’s be honest. They didn’t even try to get Williams involved. That’s why he left. Ohio State looses talent because of their approach. Meanwhile teams like Alabama capitalize on it. If Alabama can keep their bench involved then why can’t OSU?

But he wasn’t good enough for Ohio State to throw to much more than a handful of times in a season.

1 Like

Another DT who probably goes higher than people think: Eyioma Uwazurike from Iowa State (he even fits with our Nigerian names theme). Dude is gigantic. Could be the best pass, uh, batter-downer in the league.

That chart makes zero mention of handsomeness …WTF? It’s like they think it doesn’t even matter.

How many times have we heard Brad and Dan say “he’s a good-looking player?”

I feel they’re trying to muddy the waters by not mentioning it.

1 Like

I think Zyon McCollum is gonna go higher than expected.

1 Like

Pickens is a later 1st type. Coulda gone earlier in time…

He has some issues i hope the Lions looked into…

Is he competitive or another Titus Young?

I dont know. If i sat with him for 1 minute i could tell you.

Its up to Holmes and Co.

Ive been around, ya know?

Sorry, but i dont think many here know about pain. Pain that changes your life. Pain, so unbearable you dont know where to look…

Im sure theres some…but…i dont know…

The whole world is ego-centric, self-centered.

Youre here today, gone tomorrow.

For Example: people will move on from Dwayne Hasksins real fast.

Yeah, yeah, you had yoir week-long media story…

But guess what? No one really gives a shit about Dwayne Haskins, except those closest to him.

Where are all these twitters’ gonna be 2 yeara from now?

Ya know, the ones criticizing Shefter and co?

Yeah, im sure theyre gonna be around…

How about 5 years from now?

But right now, i gotta think you care…

Ego-centric, self-centered, phony creature. Thats what people in todays society are.

You get the point.

Not sure you can monitor emotional pain on a EKG…

You cant measure being in the dark…

Im a way, being in the dark has made me realize what is important in my life.

Its made me think what it important to myself. I still dont fully know, but atleast im thinking about it.

Hope these draftees know it. Hope Holmes and can read through the BS.

Al Pacino GIF by Filmin

al pacino GIF

1 Like

WR Romeo Doubs

Detroit native as well, he’d make a perfect 3-4 DE.

There’s balance. We can’t go the entire rest of our lives being sad over Haskins, or we are NOT being selfish by maintaining our emotions. Relationships are for growth. All lives serve a purpose. I don’t even think of my mom every day. This is not because I’m a superficial prick, it is because we are here for life, not to marinade in pain.

I know how big a distraction pain can be. I was riding my motorcycle and a guy ran a red-light and hit me with a suburban back in 2001. The only time I didn’t hurt was when I was sleeping. I could get way into it, but choose not to.

Point is, if you’re not growing, you’re dying. “get busy living, or get busy dying.”
Some families teach that worrying and experiencing pain is how we love. That’s a pretty shitty feeling way to love…also very co-dependent.

I hate that Haskins died, but I’m not going to lose sleep over it. I don’t know the statistics, but ppl die every 4 seconds, or something like that. If I spent all of my energy on that death and pain, I would not even be living myself.

If I die, I want ppl to spread my work around the world.
I want them to remember l love them.
I want them to be empowered by having me in their lives, not destroyed because they lost me.
I want them to remember to have fun, and think of all the goofy shit I did.
I want them to know that, while they may never see someone as handsome as me again, they were gifted to have seen me in the first place. :wink:
I want them to know that memories ARE energy stored in us, and that the connection they had with me…we…they still do, because my life force is in their memory, and IS my energy in their body…which can influence the world moving forward.

Energy can never be created nor destroyed, it only changes form. (likely massacred Einstein quote).
We are here to grow and love. We are here to raise the consciousness of the collective by raising our own consciousness.

The approach you mention reminds me of a meme I saw on FB…“You would die for your kids, but would you LIVE for them?”
Profound question about what you focus on…you find → Every.Single.MF’n. Time.

Live. Don’t focus on the pain and death. Living does not make you selfish…it helps to raise the vibration of the planet. If we were all focused on pain and death, what would ppl in society look like? what would movies be like? What would every single thing you see from every single person (including in here) look like?

Gotta love the humans. It starts with loving yourself. Loving yourself is the best thing you can do for the world and that is not done by showing up like this guy

too good to be true disney GIF

1 Like

BigNatty

4d

Willis@2OA

1 Like

Pickett

1 Like

He literally caught a TD pass in the playoffs. I do think they try to get him involved. He was the 3rd WR. I mean you do realize why he transferred, right? They were trying to get a bench player playing time and that bench player was going to cut into his.

You seem to be finding a problem where there isn’t one. Here’s the problem: Ohio State has too much talent in the WR room. And also, too much talent in the QB room. The guy transferred to Alabama not because “they play their bench players” but because he was from Alabama and he was more talented than anybody they had.

1 Like

Willis at #1oa. Did I say that already?

1 Like