Which Prospect Is Clearly Under/Overrated?

I’m inclined to agree with you. I do think he’s a top 15 player though.

I favor Christian Gonzalez CB at 18.

Virtually no shot Gonzo falls to 18. Dude is going to light it up next week.

1 Like

But adding David Blough’s brother in law to our secondary? Golly that would be swell.

Darnell Washington Overrated
AT15. Overrated
Bryan Breese Overrated all tho he’s been drop like a rock by draft time it could change.

Mekhi Blackmon. underrated
Reilly Moss underrated
Jartavis Martin underrated
And Donte Stills underrated

Yep, I agree with all of this but he’s slowly starting to rise IMO. I think his ceiling is the teens and I see him there pretty regularly now.

If I’m ATL I’m intrigued. He’d really complete that passing attack.

1 Like

Mike Renner brought up an interesting fit for Bresse. Pittsburgh as a 5T.

1 Like

When talking overrated the first two names that jump out tome are Young and Stroud. Almost every offseason we hear abouthow great QBs from Ohio State and Alabama are doing and how they wouldbe great draft picks. While the truth is neither program has produce a quality NFL qb in the last 20 years. I cannot even think of one who got a contract extension by the team who drafts them.

When i think of underrated players the first names that come to mind are Forbes, with whom i agree with the op, is a first round talent. Well the wife just came up and Distracted me and i lost my chain of thought. i will repost when i remember who else i was thinking.

Have you considered a ball and chain?

Here’s a few of mine:

Overrated:

• Quentin Johnston: Mentioned it yesterday but I have some big time concerns about his game mostly pertaining to actually catching the ball. Will be really interested to see how he performs in the gauntlet. That drill was made to expose guys with Johnston’s issues.

• Jordan Addison: I think he’s gonna get bullied. That will eventually get him moved into the slot where he should do well, but being a slot receiver only hurts his value. And he’s well below JSN as a slot prospect.

• Jahmyr Gibbs: With the caveat that he needs to go to a specific sort of offense to get the best of him (a one-cut-and-go zone like SF or Miami). If he does then he’s properly rated. If he doesn’t I think he could disappoint.

• Trenton Simpson: He’s the kind of guy the combine was made for but I’m just not sure what you do with him. He’s at his best attacking the passer but he’s too small to do that regularly, he’d theoretically fit well as a run-and-chase Will but his tape is littered with false steps and busted plays. His overall LB instincts are poor (and I think LB is one of the most instinctive positions on the field) and he doesn’t take on blocks very well. Just what do you do with him?

• Josh Downs, Rashee Rice, Kayshon Boutte, Cedric Tillman, AT Perry, Xavier Hutchinson, Parker Washington. I really don’t like this receiver class.

Underrated:

• Tanner McKee: He’s got a surprisingly live arm and I think he’s a little bit better of an athlete than he’s being given credit for. I agree with PFF that he was surrounded by a terrible cast but I think all the quick-decision making he had to show will really help him in the pros. The question is one of value… I have a 2nd round grade on him but wouldn’t take him before the 3rd, and I think there’s a good chance he’ll be gone by then.

• Sam LaPorta: He’s being hurt by being in a class with a bunch of super athletes or size freaks at the position (him and Mayer both). But all he’s done is succeed in one of the worst offensive situations in the country (sorry @1CasanovaJack). And while I don’t think he’ll test like those aforementioned super athletes, I do think he’s in that Hockenson/Freiermuth range, and as those guys have shown that’s plenty good enough.

• Joe Tippmann: Probably my favorite day 2 iOL prospect, and there are some people starting to come around on him (I think both Dane and DJ have him in their top 50). Maybe by draft day he won’t be so underrated. Tippmann’s tall and gets out over his skis a little too often (causing him to end up on the ground), but that’s correctable and he’s just so smart and athletic, it’s hard to believe he won’t be a success. And offers cover for Ragnow, which is great.

• Kyu Blu Kelly: The biggest beef you hear about Kelly is his recovery speed, but I actually think he’ll run pretty fast. There are plays on his tape where he got beat but those were press issues to me (which he shored up a lot this year), and they were generally against really fast guys who most CBs wouldn’t be able to catch if they missed at the line. But otherwise he’s tough and feisty, he’s long-armed, he’s explosive, he’s fluid enough to play in the slot from time-to-time, he’s played a ton of snaps. I really, really like him. Intrigued to see what he runs.

• Will Anderson: Not nationally, but on here. He’s gonna be one of the league’s superstars in 3 or 4 years and we’ll look back on all the nitpicking and laugh and laugh and laugh.

1 Like

I thought about him in NE for the same reason. I definitely think that role (and those teams) could maximize his gifts.

It made sense. Justin/Aaron Smith type.

Arguable. Joe Burrow and Jalen Hurts are quality QBs, and undoubtedly learned a lot about it at Ohio State and Alabama respectively.

Season 7 Episode 10 GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

You are delusional. He writes a great post and then says WE DON’T NEED HIM but he is more mobile and would be cheaper.

List the ANTI-GOFF posters. It’s childish to insinuate people are a certain way and not name them. It gives your stance fake credibility. JRLions was a irrational stafford fan who would debate him w anyone, probably even Brady. Who is doing that w Goff? @Thats2? Is he doing it? @CuriousHusker is he doing it? Am I doing it? Playing devil’s advocate and listing reasons why player A or player B might be of interest is being a hater? No matter how often people say “I wouldn’t do this but this does make sense”

@SchemeTheDream is such a hater. This entire year I have been thinking “damn, this dude ■■■■■■■ hates Goff, he needs to lay off with all his critiques” :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

I think first we would need to define what an anti-Goff poster looks like. Would it be safe to assume that if someone wanted Goff replaced before ever seeing him play in Detroit while also wanting Goff replaced no matter how he plays…he’s anti-Goff?

3 Likes

There are plenty of people who hated him, not hate him, hated him and Campbell BTW. Well, I think those people have seen the light, not sure who is left that still isn’t convinced that we at least have a reasonable player in the QB position who has improved just as the team has since he’s been here.

2 Likes

Nope. Answer the question. Here is the point. The assumption I am making and it has been confirmed by a few people, is that people are being labeled Goff-haters if they are not fitting the arbitrary definition of whatever a goff supporter is.

1 Like

List them. Who are these people. Bc of right now….a dude saying stroud is more mobile then Goff is being classified as a Goff hater. Saying a qb is a possibility at 6 is being classified as a Goff-hater. So now it’s a term that is being thrown at anyone who apparently dares to think outside the box.

1 Like