Who are your top OC candidates?

oh well, in that case,the young man on the offensive line who enjoys speaking of other people’s mothers would be a good fit

I wonder if Graham Harrell would come here because they’re changing coaches down at USC?

And it’s a shame Mike Leach won’t be leaving Mississippi State for any reason. Those would be the best press conferences ever.

But I want an air raid.

James jones and mouse davis still alive? Bring back all the midget wr offense spread they ran. We got the rbs to run it

What were the skeletons in his closet? I can’t recall exactly what went down at Indiana.

June Jones? James Jones would be too crazy for even Dan to handle.

That’s possible but does Dan really want to run the air raid?

Bill O’Brien?

My first call would be to Gary Kubiak to check on where he thinks his health is at. Of course if he signed on we’d probably kill him

2 Likes

I don’t know but I sure as hell do.

What about Chip Kelly? Would Sheila pay an OC McDaniels like money? If so I think we could get him and I think he’s so very well if he could just focus on scoring points. He’d fulfill DC’s run game desires and yet still provide some passing game chips.

Mariota is a free agent

I wouldnt mind us going after him if he is UFA. I’d even look at trading for him. He has been solid when he has played.

If he wasn’t made of glass i’d be interested.

weird glass GIF

1 Like

Clearly Dan loves to run the ball, so you figure he’s gonna hire a guy who likes the running game. It’s tough because Anthony Lynn looked, on paper, to be a good fit with Dan.

Given that the Lions are clearly going to be acquiring a QB either this year or next year who they hope is their franchise guy - this OC hire is a big deal

1 Like

Pederson sucks. Reich was the magic behind their ascent and has made the colts a good team.

2 Likes

I get that sinking feeling as well after watching this year’s draft eligible QBs. Corral looks NFL to me- alpha traits. His size concerns me just a bit but he can really run. If he develops into a Russell Wilson type scrambler/hurler, it would obviously be a coup for the Lions. It is a projection because he’s in Lane Muffin’s funky offense. But Herbert was in a similar offense at Oregon. He has adapted wonderfully. Corral has a big arm. And charisma in the huddle.

2 Likes

The air raid would have worked great. The strength of this team is definitely its receivers and QB play.

4 Likes

Ha, like Peyton would event think about it.

But I agree it is a pleasant thought

1 Like

Lol there nothing clearly about it, he has no choice but to run the ball, he wants to have a strong run game like most coaches but right now what he is doing it because he has no other options.

If we’re looking to college guys then how about Dan Mullen? His being a terrible recruiter won’t matter. He likes to run the ball and is fairly creative.

1 Like

Peyton would do it for Arch Manning. That’s why I’m so high on getting Arch. I’m sure there are other 5 star prospects just as good but only 1 of them comes along with a first ballot hall of famer as his mentor.

2 Likes

Is mouse Davis still alive?

We would 100% take Emory Jones at some point I feel like. I wouldn’t hate it, but I feel like we could do a bit better given how his Florida tenure just ended.