Who are your top OC candidates?

Brian Schottenheimer? Not a wow hire but he has a ton of experience including running the offenses on those Sanchez, Rex Ryan AFC championship teams that ran the hell out of the ball and played complimentary offensive football. In the three years that the he coordinated for the Chicken Hawks they were 1st, 4th and 12th in rushing.

1 Like

One thing that I’m afraid of is us maybe hiring one of the guys that was a candidate when we hired Lynn in the first place.

I want someone from the outside who has a reputation as a good offensive coach. If Dan Mullen wasn’t in his current Florida situation the would be exactly the kind of guy I want.

I want to throw a bunch of money at Sark even though he isn’t leaving Texas. We should just do it for fun.

What situation? Mullen was terminated.

I’d prefer the Chipper bc of NFL experience but he’d be a tougher and more expensive pull unless UCLA cuts bait which I highly doubt.

Just like how it happened. I don’t know.

I have my target though…

Listen to how great this sounds. I want this as my OC.

1 Like

He’s the head coach of The Texas Longhorns. Zero chance.

1 Like

Todd Monken?

1 Like

We are Lions fans. All of sports is “no chance” for us.

How about let the fans call the plays. Just need a fast real time vote system with all the lions plays on it and the most votes wins

Unfortunately, the current data support both hypotheses.

I hope certainly hope Dan is just being pragmatic, but it’s not like it would be brain-bending to hear that he insists on a stone age offense even when the QB and WR talent is better.

After an extensive search for someone willing to take the job, the Lions have found their new Offensive Coordinator, please give a warm round of applause :clap:

get GIF

1 Like

JIM.

BOB.

COOTER!!!

I’m actually ok with Dan Mullen now…

1 Like

And a new special teams coach!!

1 Like

OC?? Hell they should bring him in to be the HC!

So here’s a question…

Since Mullen doesn’t have a job anymore, could Campbell call him and basically offer him the position? Or are there some rules that prohibit that?

1 Like

“The Gators will pay Mullen a $12 million buyout spread over seven installments, with a $6 million payout coming within 30 days. Mullen will then get $1 million every July 15 through 2027.”

Nice gig. I assume he’s not filing for unemployment.

1 Like

I’ll do it via text from my couch for a case of beer and a Sheila Ford fathead.

Rooney Rule now applies to OC and DC hiring…

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.si.com/nfl/raiders/.amp/news/las-vegas-raiders-nfl-expands-rooney-rule-minority-interview-requirement

Josh Gattis?

I think Campbell not being an X’s and O’s guy could be the downfall to his head coaching career. Even if he does bring in the right guy this off-season, how long is it until that guy gets a HC gig somewhere and now Campbell has to get it right again? Could be a case where he brings in the right guy and they continually groom the next one but who knows.

Also, I am very proud the Lions have shown the willingness to hire a minority GM and minority coaches. At least there is something in this league we are near the top of the league at.