Who do you pick in this scenario?

Garret Wilson does project to the slot in the NFL. This is where Amon-ra is best suited. As is Kalif Raymond. I also see Hockenson better suited here. Some might say Cephus is better suited here.

Just sayin’

1 Like

I really don’t get this. He’s an outside receiver. The only reason people say slot is because he’s slightly undersized and can make you miss, but he definitely plays bigger than he is.

He only played slot at Ohio State in 2020. They moved him back outside this year and put JSN in the slot because Wilson was a better outside WR.

Personally, I want my outside WR at least 6’2.

For this team…we would benefit much more from a bigger, more physical outside WR that blocks with ease, and also is a catch in traffic beast like AJ brown…

Cephus ain’t no slouch IMO…but Burks is a a couple steps above.

But…I see Burks as even better than brown was coming out.

But that is my opinion.

I like Wilson. He is a freak athlete. But so are guys like John Ross, marquise brown devonta smith…and so on… But I also.value toughness…and size and frame does play a role in toughness.

For example…hockenson is tough when he wants to be…but his frame limits him from blocking a DE one on one. He is basically a big slot like anquan boldin.

It’s not so much a copycat thing for me, it’s about playmakers at all 3 levels. If we missed the guy at the 1st level and the 3rd level, do you just grab THE 2nd level defender in this year’s draft, value be damned?

LB Lloyd is the REAL Deal !!..Jack rabbit fast, coupled with a nose for the football. Anticipation skills are highly developed. He’ll pop you !!..Creates turnovers. No.1 LB coming out in 2022, IF the Lions want a LB Stud, ala David for Tampon Bay…Future Pro Bowler, IMO.

1 Like

DeMarvin Leal. I think he can be our Cameron Jordan if he reaches his potential.

Pedigree, performance, some freaky traits, and so on.

I’m not sure that he’s the sixth best prospect but he’s close enough.

1 Like

Yup…

Does he play more than half the games?

Yes? Then he’s not Flowers.

No? Then maybe.

I agree with this. Ekwonu at guard will be a STAR. I know we have much bigger needs but that high in the draft opting for need over talent is how you draft busts.

I look at Flowers stats and just get angry.

He is going to play 27 of a possible 49 games, and be not really healthybenough to be effective for maybe just 20 of those. 1 batted down pass. 10.5 sacks, 7 in Yr 1 of 3. 64% of snaps.

Can some one please slap Bob Quinn’s mother

1 Like

If you limit yourself like that, you’d miss out on Antonio Brown, Marvin Harrison, Davante Adams, Tyreek Hill, DeAndre Hopkins, AJ Brown, Hines Ward, Terry McLaurin, Stefon Diggs, Justin Jefferson, Tyler Lockett, Steve Smith, Deebo Samuel, Roddy White, Chad Johnson, Antonio Freeman, Diontae Johnson, Robert Woods, Odell Beckham, Ja’Marr Chase, Jaylen Waddle, etc, etc. Even Jerry Rice was listed at 6’2 but was actually just over 6’1.5.

1 Like

I did a post on this last year around the draft… and IIRC… about 80% of the top 25 WRs in yardage and receptions has been under 6’2” tall.

1 Like

A ILB in the top 10? I would pass…BUT I am not the GM. Interestingly enough…all the influences on this FO apparently do not value ILB early in their draft history. I do like Loyd but I have been reading alot about how it would be a reach in the top 10.

I would trade down and depending on how the board was falling either take burks at Arkansas and then take Ojabo with the Rams pick.

The overall scenario described would be a big loss if we miss on Neal, Tib, Aiden AND most importantly Hamilton.

IMHO.

You’re feeling the pain of missing on the defensive playmakers on the line and in the back end, too.

I think what 'husker says applies to a lot of guys … They might not be the highest rated player at that pick, but they’re close enough.

In this scenario I think I take Devon Lloyd. It’s certainly a bit rich to take a linebacker at #6. However, the class is deep at secondary, edge and receiver.

For me, there’s not nearly as much difference between the top 10 edge rushers, the top 10 receivers and the top 10 defensive backs as there is between the top 10 linebackers.

1 Like

I can understand the concern with drafting ILB in the top 10 due to the positional value debate, but safety has the same concern… and nobody is worried about taking Hamilton… even in the top 5 picks.

Interesting debate may follow…

1 Like

It’s just the importance of having a playmaker at all 3 levels of a defense, along with the blend of talent (Hutch, Tibs, Hammy and Lloyd) that draws so much of my focus and causes me to disregard the positional value a bit, Hamilton included.

I don’t think it’s a need-based focus either. It’s really just looking at playmakers and knowing they’d fit and impact the game, even if at higher positions than you’d like to draft a S or ILB at.

I’m sure I’ll come around on the positional value conversation at some point. I always do. It’s the miser in me.

If we’re drafting outside of the top 2, I’d love to come away with Lloyd and Ojabo from the 1st.

1 Like

I am trying NOT to be a homer with UofM players…. and I honestly need to watch some more film to be confident… but I feel like Ojabo is a slightly superior prospect in comparison to Kwity Paye.

He has the production to match what would be expected of a guy that ran a 10.9 in the 100m at 220 lbs in high school, is around 6’5” tall and a reported 80 inch wingspan, and shows the ability to bend off the edge.

I don’t think all those forced fumbles were a fluke… as long-armed quick-twitch guys with bend typically have a knack for separating the ball from the QB.

2 Likes

My only concern with Ojabo is his run defense, needs improvement.

Ojabo will be one the biggest riser’s once draft day rolls around he is a top15 pick all day.Not sure at 6 I take the WR from Bama personally but Ojabo will be a name to watch leading up to the draft reminds me of a leaner JPP.

1 Like