Who do you think Lions pick next - and why?

Ok. So far this draft is falling like TheDraftNetwork’s mocks. 1. Burrows, 2. Young, 3. Okudah, 4. Andrews, 5. Tua 6. Herbert.

But WHO DO THE LIONS take at #35?

I got 'em going Clyde Edwards-Helaire 'cuz he’s MJD with better hands.

1 Like

Probably someone you’ve never heard of.

2 Likes

I’m checking Hawaii’s roster right now.

12 Likes

If he’s there, I think they take Espensa.

Why? His comp is Lions DE Trey Flowers.

4 Likes

Oh you know I’m really pumped for this Quinn second round pick.

2 Likes

You’d think, but BQ often surprises in R2.

1 Like

I’m hoping we get Yetur Gross-Matos. They talked to Terrell Lewis and coached Uche. I would hope for Jonathon Taylor or Clyde Edwards-Helaire.

“…or Clyde Edwards-Helaire.” I REALLY like that guy. Small but strong with good speed, great balance, vision and hands.

Josh Uche

I’m thinking somebody on the DLine. Or an Edge. Those problems aren’t going away just because we picked Okudah. If Epenesa fell to us I think that could be a good fit. You kick him inside as a 5tech and instead of not being a very athletic 4-3 DE he could be a problem sliding to 3 tech and rushing the passer and he’ll hold up vs the run. I could also see interior Oline or a guy who can play OT and OG. And don’t rule out a WR or RB.

At this point I want the best RB available in rd 2…Unless there is a run on them late in the 1rst…

2 Likes

I think Uche, but there are a handful of edge players that it could be.

Perhaps this will help you:

2016 - A’Shawn Robinson, DT (no second contract)
2017 - Teez Tabor, CB (Cut. 49ers Practice Squad)
2018 - Kerryon Johnson (injury history in college; injury history in pros)
2019 - Jahlani Tavai (who?)

9 Likes

He’s shorter than their typical prototype for edge defenders.

Back up long snapper from Duke

2 Likes

Yeah, more than half the guys I look at as options in the 2nd have a ding or two.

1 Like

Hunt, the OG, would be another sober pick.

Stop! We hate the truth!

Reach
Enormous reasch
Reach
Gigantic reach!

Since he severely reached on Okudah. I’ll say he will reach on a position that isn’t a top 5 need on the team, like he always does.

1 Like

Alright! With that many misses, the odds are in our favor to finally get one right! Right?