Who is colts next qb?—MATT RYAN TO COLTS

Felipe Franks come on down—you’re the next contestant on the price is wrong.

1 Like

Holy crap! Atlanta gets a 2022 3rd round pick?
Unbelievable!

They had two of them—one from the Commanders at No 73 and their own.

This is why I was laughing when I had a few posters tell me Goff was worth 2 first round picks last week.

5 Likes

I still giggle that the Washington football team is now going to be known as the “Commies”.
Fitting.

3 Likes

This is why I read a number of takes last year from people around the league that said “if ATL passes on one of these top QBs for a TE, they better have a plan in place.” I agree tho, and we saw it with the Lions with Okudah. This year, again, fans want to go that same route. “We have a QB right this second so we good.” Yea but a little foresight goes a long way. I’m not saying what the Lions should or should not do - I’ll leave it up to them, especially since they coached Willis at the Senior Bowl.

But if they pass someone who can be a legit franchise QB in order to take a defensive back or something, again, simply because they currently have someone to take snaps right this second…. We will once again see why bad teams stay bad.

1 Like

Dear lord was that suggested? The argument would be the Lions got essentially 4 first round picks for Stafford? No wonder they think Holmes walks on water …

We’d be lucky to get a fourth for Goff.

3 Likes

Yep it was in the Wentz thread just last week. I won’t call anyone out, not my style. But, I was blown away with that take. Goff might get us a 3rd rounder at this point. He’s going to be our QB regardless next year with his contract.

1 Like

I’m so glad we traded Stafford last year. Mayfield probably will be traded for a 3rd round pick at best as well.

I love Deshaun Watsons game but not his baggage. If he’s worth 3 1st rounders staffords worth 6 of them!

Colts must really think they have a window of opportunity here….but man the AFC is stacked. Love these trades though makes the off season so much more fun!

1 Like

Ryan is going to be 37 when the season starts and has a couple of years left.

I think Goff would fetch more in a trade than the Colts got for Wentz.

4 Likes

There’s another team in the top 10 that may want to jump ahead of the Texans. If Holmes and Campbell aren’t in love with whoever is there at #2, the Lions could get a nice haul for that pick.

1 Like

The Falcons keep making moves that don’t make sense with other moves they are making.

And as a potential bidder for Malik Willis’s services at #2 perhaps?

1 Like

And another decent QB in the AFC. The Colts got a good defense and a good running game. Good fit for Ryan. The NFC is getting weaker by the day.

Winston re-signed with Saints, 2 year $28m, $21m guaranteed today as well.

1 Like

Not if free agent QB Mariota reunites with Arthur Smith in ATL.

1 Like

LOL @ Atlanta. I rag on the Lions for passing on Fields. Imagine passing on Fields, whiffing on Watson, then trading Matt Ryan and getting Baker. They drafted a TE at 4.

Indy could have had Stafford. They were complete idiots for saying he was too expensive.

3 Likes

Colts must not have learned anything from Rivers and Wentz?
I hope Lions fans are paying attention.

1 Like

Makes perfect sense for Ryan and the Colts.

As I said in the Watson thread, Ryan and his family are settled and well ingrained in the Atlanta area and community.

This is an easy commute. Hour and a half flight, probably quicker if it’s chartered. He could even spend his off days at home. Or if the family feels like making a road trip, it’s 8 hours in the car. The kids can stay in their schools, etc.

He will spend a couple years in Indy (and I think do well), a very lovely city and one that will embrace him. He will also be paid very handsomely to do so; then he will retire to the life him and his family have spent years establishing.

For that matter, he is very well-spoken and personable guy. He very well may walk off the field straight into the booth (or studio). Not a bad gig either.

I’d say this is a very happy day in the Ryan household. It’s really a win-win for both him and Colts.

3 Likes