Who is colts next qb?—MATT RYAN TO COLTS

Mariota would be a nice bridge QB, IMO.

1 Like

Makes you wonder who it will be next year?
They can’t have many draft picks left to trade?
How are they every going to draft a long term solution?

Next year it’ll be!!

Bicycle Drive Safe GIF by Teens in the Driver Seat

The full exchange of picks that it took for Indy to get a year-long swing at Carson Wentz, and now Matt Ryan moving forward.

1 Like

Hell considering what they gave up for Wentz and Ryan, toss in a little extra and you could have added the guy who just won the SB. Being cheap really didn’t work out for them

Atlanta’s roster is horrendous. That is all.

happy gilmore GIF

Net net that looks like they gave up a 1st, got back a 2nd and a 3rd back the next year, which is like a 3rd and 4th NPV, w the rest in a near cancel out but a bit to their favor (+42-47 and +84 -73 next season, so kind of a full round gain)…

That look right?

For Wentz it would be terrible, for Wentz+ Ryan, not the worst…except for that whole wasted a good season on a asshole QB who lost you the playoffs against the worst team in the league kind of thing

I’m just glad I’m not a Colts fan. It’s like they’re all intoxicated.

1 Like

The Colts are a very good example of why the theory that you build a team first, then just go get a QB may sound good…but not so easy to execute.

4 Likes

Episode 4 Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

You’ve read some of the posts on this board, right? lol

2 Likes

What a strange couple years. Never before have we seen QB’s moved so much. Specifically, successful ones. NFL stars controlling their own destiny more like NBA.

At least not this much activity that I can ever remember but I’m not that old yet

1 Like

Probably works out better if you don’t shoot yourself in the foot…5 times.
If you’re going use all of those picks anyway, trade up and draft a Trevor Lawrence, or Hebert.
No, it’s not that they didn’t have smarter options.
It’s just that they’re not smart!

I gotta say I’m not sold on Lawrence yet at all. He was pretty bad last year. Hopefully Urban didn’t ruin him.

1 Like

The only game I saw, he spent running for his life, or laying on the turf.
He wasn’t the only one Meyer ruined.

Meyer didnt know who 99 on the rams was. Enough said

2 Likes

I still don’t get the name. I mean someone HAD to have said ‘commies’ at some point and they just kept it. If you need a rank, and can’t use admirals why not captains or how about the Continentals, after the continental army. The brigadiers? I mean commanders just says to me they were sick of picking and just said screw it.

IMO Ryan will be one of the biggest signings of the offseason. If he gets Indy over the hump and to the playoffs they have a good a chance as anyone. Oline, running game, smart QB…and on top of it, that defense…oh baby they are going to be good.