Who is DT Benito Jones?

We nust need him to fill the hole that Penisini vacated

Germany & Russia
Fight GIF

1 Like

So, a slender Jerry Ball….without the whining?

1 Like

MC/DC said he wanted more girth! That’s what she said!

I think we’ll roll with both Buggs and Jones into the Eagles game. Gotta plug their running game to avoid a repeat from last year. If Levi Onwuzurike goes on IR, that might extend for the first 4 games. By the end of those games, we’ll know a lot more about those 2.

I think DeadStroke had it right with re to adding players like Brown, you wait until after game 1 so their contract isn’t guaranteed. We could in fact have a couple of adds.

From 1989-1991, he made the Pro Bowl three times, was a 1st team All Pro and a 2d team All Pro. Ironically, in 1989 when Ball had 9 sacks, he didn’t make the All Pro team, but made it both the following years when he only had 2 sacks in each season.

1 Like

No doubt he made an impact plugging up the middle. I used to like watching him. A force, although for a limited time. But then he started griping about shit. It seems like that’s what he was known for his last few years.

An interesting historical footnote.

Ball’s backup in 1987-1988 was Dan Saleaumua. Apparently, when Fontes took over as HC full-time in 1989, he didn’t like Saleaumua’s happy go lucky personality and shipped him off to the Chief for a 5th Rd pick.

The Lions drafted Lawrence Pete in Rd 5 to replace him as a NT. Pete was a limited plugger who had 3.5 sacks in his entire career and never amounted to much.

Saleaumua developed into a good interior pass rusher, was an First Team All Pro in 1990 when he started 16 games for the Chiefs and had 7.0 sacks and a Pro Bowler in 1995 when he again had 7.0 sacks.

Lions essentially gave away a very good player they needed for nothing.

1 Like

Must… avoid… Araiza… joke…

1 Like

Hungary and Kickyerassistan

My recollection is that he was exposed in the first year of Plan B and the Lions were surprised that someone else signed him. They lost another player that year the same way.

You can see the signing here:

That would argue against having both Buggs and Jones on the roster for the Eagles. I guess Buggs will get swatted.

1 Like

Sometimes you’re the windshield, sometimes you’re the bug…

1 Like

Lion FO unprepared and behind the curve regarding operations?

WOW!

That’s how it usually is here in Lion land.

that’s what she said*

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.