Who to blame if Goff sucks this season

Yep, this is gonna stick. You may have started something here.

3 Likes

I’d love to have that guy!
I am very aware that it is extremely difficult to get the guy I’m talking about getting. Goff is better at his job than everyone on the planet with about 15 exceptions. That…is…AMAZING!

I Would take Carr over Goff too. Just want a team fit and a tough guy.

Love it! You guys are hilarious!

1 Like

It’s all you, Big Sexy.

1 Like

majestic the rock GIF

2 Likes

Stafford is a cutie pie

lol

If Goff sucks this year it is all on him. I don’t expect that to happen and I think he is better than a lot of people on this board give him credit for. But our offense (if healthy) has all the pieces in place to do well. If they fail to reach thier potential due to average or lower QB play then Goff has nobody to blame but himself. IF all we get is average QB play this year then we should absolutely look to upgrade. If we get really good QB play we should still look to upgrade at the posiiton.

4 Likes

2021 stats are comparable (with some significant differences too though…) to 2019 and 2020 with the Rams. It will be interesting to see how healthy weapons help with the YPG stat, and the YPC stat too.

I agree with others: This is a make or break year for Goff.

1 Like

Like…totally

Flower Power Wow GIF

2 Likes

LOL - Always a fan of double entendre! Well done!

In Goff’s super bowl Kupp and Higbee we’re out. Gurley was so limited as was his primary backup so they picked up CJ Anderson off the waiver wire. Robert Woods moved over to the slot because Josh Reynolds wasn’t a fit for it and they didn’t have anyone else. The Rams were not a deep team and during his tenure with the Rams they were always pretty banged up going into the end of the season.

1 Like

Count me as one of the “others”.
Some are betting against him.
I’m betting on him.
That’s all.

2 Likes

Bobby Layne’s Besotted Spectre, of course.

seth meyers GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

The truth is probably in the middle somewhere. I tend to think MCDC will project his KCBG on Goff… There will be conversations leading into this season about KneeCapBitinG. “Jared, we are giving you everything you kneed to succeed “… you better chew off some KNEECAPS! THIS IS YOUR CHANCE AT A LEGACY! DO IT!!!

1 Like

Well if we aren’t provided any context and the only given is that Goff sucks this season then of course everyone will blame Goff lol

2 Likes

Sorry, but IMO this thread is same old lions fans… Great draft but lets bitch about the QB (insert Stafford, Goff) when the season hasn’t started yet, let alone training camp.

4 Likes

This probably is where most of us are. Small point, Goff has also had a lot of attention paid to him to get his head straight. That seemed to pay off at the end of the year with the additions of Decker and Reynolds and the elimination of Lynn.

I expect either DC or Johnson will continue the TLC for Goff.

Point is, there’s been a heavy investment of resources and time to create the ideal circumstances for Goff to thrive. It’s totally on him now to deliver.

My God, Stafford never had what Goff has now on offense.

1 Like
2 Likes

The closest parallel would be say in 2014
CJ - Williams
Amon Ra - Tate
Pettingzoo - Hock
Bush - Swift
Bell - Igwebiike
Riddick - J Williams

If our current Oline stays healthy it should be an upgrade over the 2014 Oline which PFF ranked 14th that year.

Now, if our defense can play anywhere close to the 2014 defense, we will start cooking

2 Likes