Who to pick at 6? Draft, and Jared Goff

Oh, so basically Thursday, any week. Check.

Welcome! There isn’t anybody I really like at #6 if Anderson and Carter are off the board. I assume 2 or 3 QBs go so the pickings get slimmer. Gotta trust Holmes to make the best move. I love Bijan but 6 may be too early and he might not slide to 18.

I also think we need a good CB in the 1st, several look the part. Is one of them worthy of #6? IF we don’t go CB at #6 I think we do at #18 which could leave Bijan out. I do think we can get a RB later or next year if we re-up Williams.

I like a couple don’t like the Saki Ika pick or Sewell

Tuli Tuipulotu Instead of Saki Ika I think you can get Cody Muach rd 3

Why not Jack Campbell second rd pick

1st RB Bijan Robinson
1b. CB Devon Witherspoon
2 a DT Tuli Tuipulotu
2b ILB Jack Campbell
3 G Cody Muach

5 Likes

I like Jack Campbell but he is definitely a 2 down linebacker as well

1 Like

I agree Tuli so many say doesn’t play inside I’ve seen plenty were he does just not as much this year, he has the size and is good at playing the run also I been on him from the beginning just got talked out of it on here. And also like Muach but I think he’s gone in the s 2nd Rd.

1 Like

Watched a few segments of Baylor games and don’t see the love for Ika. He was terrible in pursuit and other than occupying a lot of space in the middle wasn’t much of a disrupter. If you wanted a pure NT and not a versatile DT maybe??? IMO he is not what we are looking for.

1 Like

I’m ambivalent about him as well

Yeah I don’t think Brad will go for him. He keeps getting heavier (from 340 to 350 to 360 over a 3-year span), only plays 35% of the plays, and seems to take quite of few of those plays off. But people see gigantic Samoan NT and assume he’s Ngata or Vita Vea, but he’s really more like Danny Shelton.

2 Likes

I agree with you on Ika. And if you don’t like Ika you are REALLY going to dislike Mazi Smith’s game film. Mazi is like the kid who sucks at basketball but since he’s 6’-10" coaches want to pretend they can turn him into one.

2 Likes

I’m not sure how I feel on Tuli yet, but doesn’t he seem redundant with Josh Pascal and John Cominsky?

I think he bigger and stronger and can hold up better in the middle but he’s very similar as them 2. Kinda of why I switched to Ika or Dexter both big pocket collapsers and run stuffers. We have some quicker guys like Comish and Pashcal that can play in side also. I’m kinda in the not sure yet stage too.

1 Like

Yeah if you miss out on Carter, it’s hard to find a guy at DT. I’m really hoping they fix that in FAs because this is a really bad draft for that position.

2 Likes

There’s some niche guys but no one with Carter’s well-rounded game. Like you can go for run-stuffers like Ika, Coburn or Benton, or you could go for pure pressure guys like Kancey, Tuli, Keion White, but there’s very few guys who can do it all, other than major projections like Dexter or Mazi.

Personally I think Benton might end up being the most impactful over the course of his career. He doesn’t offer nearly as much from a pass-rushing perspective as those pressure guys, but he’s not a 2-down clog like Ika or Coburn either. And he’s really stout against the run in a grown-man strong way, like Davon Hamilton for Jax or Greg Gaines in LA. He won’t be the flashiest guy, but he might be just what we need.

I got a feeling that position is going to continue to be our weak spot.

It may look like our Achilles heel heading into next season for sure, but sometimes things don’t go how we expect. A couple of years ago we thought we hadn’t addressed WR at all, only for ARSB to explode for us. We might make an under-the-radar signing that really helps us out, like Cominsky and Elliott did last year.

Actually I mentioned Greg Gaines, well he’s only 25 and is a free agent in LA, he’d be great for us. Now because he’s so young and played so well after Donald went down he might cost a little more (spotrac is predicting almost $8M/year), but if we can get him at a bargain he might solve everything. Somebody like that.

2 Likes

Sportrac is hot garbage on its best day… it always overestimates so many players value. Last year it hat tracy estimated more than 50% higher than we paid

They do seem to whiff a lot but it’s just a baseline for discussion. And to be fair predicting future contracts without knowing how much the cap will raise seems almost impossible.

3 Likes

The Okudah debacle makes me want to vomit when people talk about drafting a CB with our #6 overall.

Convince me otherwise.

I hope there is a big physical LB or DT sitting there that Brad and Dan think are worth the pick.

After those two are addressed, CB, OG, bpa should all be in play.

But that’s the problem there’s not.

1 Like

Sauce Gardner. Patrick Surtain. Jaycee Horn.

5 Likes