Why I don't want a QB this draft an after Pick 2

I say we build the team and sign or trade for a top tier QB that’s already proven himself. Follow the Rams and Bucs lead. You could build the team, draft a young QB, and waste three or four years trying to develop him. Meanwhile your window has closed or is closing on all of the other talent you’ve accumulated.

Your opinion is noted. He will however be drafted by a team in round one. IMO in the first 15 picks. Outside chance of being a top 5 pick via someone trading ahead of Carolina. If this occurs it will validate that he was viewed by NFL people as worthy of a 1st round pick. If I’m wrong, I will be the first one here with my steaming hot plate of crow. He does multiple things better right now than all three of our QB’s. Better arm, quicker release, way more mobility and gets high marks in the leadership/charisma/off field areas. Is he raw. Yep. But we have one calendar year to improve on that and the team around him. He walks in the door with all the above. Which is why he’ll go in round one.

In 23 starts, 47 passing TD’s, 27 rushing TD’s. 74 TD’s in 23 games. Then you hear that at the Senior Bowl and Combine guys just gravitated to him. The fact that he possesses the innate ability to connect with new teammates in such a short time is shall I suggest priceless. I’m betting on him.

2 Likes

Sounds awesome. I’ll enjoy scouting him! But again…ifffff… he’s that guy right, what’s the cost? Will you get Burrowed?? Probably man knowing us… We offered our full draft for two years and they said no and took Stroud… Survey SAID… Kedon Slovis!

1 Like

Yeah, and of course it’s not ideal to have to spend more capital on a QB, but if it’s the right guy, like Les Snead said, eff them picks. If the alternative is a lesser prospect who is far more likely to fail (IMO of course), it’s not much of a decision at all. Sometimes the things you need just aren’t available.

1 Like

bugs bunny rabbit GIF
I don’t want a QB anywhere in this draft.

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.