Why only Young or Stroud?

Jalen Milroe led Bama to 59 points in the just over 6
Quarters he played for Bama as the full time QB…

That’s nearly 10 points a quarter against Arkansas and Tex AM…

The cast isn’t that bad.

Shockingly bad for Alabama. They were thee program just a few years ago. I wonder if it’s just a dip or if the reign is over.

They haven’t had a good o-line for pass blocking in years, might want to look at coaching there, it shouldn’t be this bad.

Bryce Young played Heisman football with an elite defense and legit NFL weapons and OL…he lost the National Championship as a “sophomore!”

Jared Goff was a 24 year old MVP candidate in the NFL with a below average defense, but elite weapons and he lost the SB (as an NFL sophomore!)

Many are giving Bryce a pass to playing Texas close, playing close to Ole Miss, and losing to Tennessee and LSU…. Cohen, Burton, Gibbs, and Latu is as much NFL talent… and with a better defense than any of those teams….

Why doesn’t Goff get the same supporting cast benefit of the doubt?

We saw him in LA with and without lots of talent. We now see Stafford without an abundance of talent, and we sure saw what he did last year with a bunch of star studded help.

That’s been my point.

Its weird seeing Bryce only have 6 seconds at a time. He should have at least 8 or more.

No we saw Goff on that very same roster that won the Super Bowl give or take a few stretch-run additions. We know what his ceiling is. He’ll take you so far and that’s it - and that’s OK for now provided there are no better options.

I think Young is a far better option, you don’t. That’s fine. That’s an evaluation thing and we’re all entitled to our opinion. For me if Young isn’t available with our pick, I stick with Goff for another year too and draft heavy defense.

The part I disagree with is avoiding QB altogether as a philsophy. No. If you evaluate a guy as a future star, you should take him. I evaluate Young that way, that’s why I want to take him. If he’s not there, I wouldn’t. Don’t reach for a QB if there’s not one to take.

You can do the same level of nitpicking you’re doing with Young with Josh Allen, Mahomes, Herbert, on and on and on to make them seem like lesser prospects (in fact it happened with all of those guys). Everything you say is a piece of the evaluation process, but you can’t make the mistake of making it the whole thing. Where’s the acknowledgment of his processing? His preternatural pocket awareness? His accuracy? These are known aspects of his game and they matter.

2 Likes

Most of his time is time he creates for himself.

1 Like

If you are saying that everything after 4 seconds is Bryce moving around the pocket, I can agree to that.

So I stand corrected. His line is “only” giving him 4 seconds at a time. Poor Bryce.

Jalen Milroe is also essentially a running back playing QB, which presents a total different challenge for the defense. Arkansas spent all week gameplanning for mini-Mahomes and ended up playing discount Alabama version Jalen Hurts.

A&M also shut him down for the most part, on the road, and should have won that game.

Like they did vs Bryce last year?

I don’t feel sympathy for Bryce, the step up for the NFL is going to be easy for him while for guys like Stroud and Hooker it’s going to be a massive change.

1 Like

Bryce Young lost to Texas AM last year with an elite cast.

Milroe with the “same awful cast Bryce has this year” beat them, but “should have lost?”

Um, what?

Bryce scored 38 on the road and lost on a last second field goal to them last year. That team they had last year was also way better than the one this year.

Missing someone?

Lions Williams GIF by The Undroppables

And guess what?? If Bryce comes here, he’ll get Jamo again!

Besides, A&M last year had Isaiah Spiller, Kenyon Green who was a 1st round pick, DeMarvin Leal, and Jalen Wydermyer who were probably the 4 best players off of that team. And, A&M if I remember correctly didn’t even have Anias Smith for the Bama game this year, so make that 5 of their best players.

1 Like

Are you stoned?

So Bryce lost to AM - WITH JAMO, NEAL, METCHIE, AND ROBINSON!!!

Milton beat AM this year WITHOUT THEM!

Yep, Milroe really put the team on his back with his 3 turnovers. Give me a break. Did you watch the game?

You can’t seriously be pretending that outside of the stuff you just mentioned that everything remained the exact same between the two games.

If they play that game last year in Bryant-Denny instead of Aggieland do you really think A&M wins on a last second field goal with Zach Calzada quarterbacking them?

Last year, the offense had that game won for them, and the defense collapsed on the last drive setting up the game winner. This year, the offense turning the ball over gave A&M the only opportunities they had all game, and it should have added up to cost them.

Facts….

1. Alabama has the #12 defense in the country in 2022

2. Alabama might have 2 OL, 1 WR, 1 TE, and 1 RB drafted in the first 5 rounds.

3. If drafted Bryce Young would be smallest first round QB since Jim McMahon

4. Bryce has played his college career with more talent than almost any QB in the NCAA…

• talking about his crappy OL? WRs? How about being the QB at Michigan…. LSU…… Penn State…. Florida… etc

Again brother… and I apologize for the shitty comment, that’s my bad- truly sorry- you didn’t deserve that….

2 Likes

I’m not even a Goff guy, but this is valid. This weekend Goff will have almost no weapons and some Lions fans expect him to be Dan Marino!? Makes no sense to me

I have noticed that today, he’s been running for his life in the 1st half. The clean pocket does not exist.

1 Like

Yes, and losing to a team with less overall talent.

All good. No harm taken.

Tua in 2019 had Jerry Jeudy, Henry Ruggs, Devonta Smith, Jaylen Waddle, Irv Smith, Najee Harris, Alex Leatherwood, Landon Dickerson, Jedrick Wills, Jonah Williams, and Deonte Brown on his team and that year they went 10-2. (I know Tua got hurt, but Mac Jones replaced him and was also a 1st round QB).