Why taking a QB in round 1 could end in disaster…

Yeah I laughed at the post. I mean if anyone knows there no secret recipe for getting a QB it’s Lions Fans . Gezz that like writing 10 paragraphs saying water is wet.

3 Likes

We’re about to see what adding a franchise QB does for a team in Cleveland. A guy who hasn’t played in 2 years. Despite everyone wanting the guy to fail, I really doubt it happens. From a pure football perspective, the Watson deal was much better than the Russell Wilson deal.

2 Likes

Boy Calvin must suck too in that case , the guy had a 10 year career and never won a playoff game in his career.

1 Like

What is Josh Allen’s record the last 2 years if he has the leagues worst defense vs best?

2 Likes

Well considering this entire QB is tied to only certain QBs being capable of winning and ELEVATING teams, then I believe Calvin gets a pass? All those 6-10 seasons where Matt didn’t win despite shitty run games and bottom 5 defenses….

We are comparing Goff to guys who have all star rosters around them, and we are starting Brock Wright, Tommy Kennedy, and 6th string guards….

What do you think our record would be if we had Buffalos defense? They have literally only allowed 3 teams (including us) to score more than 20 points in 11 starts!!!

We have allowed under 21 points just TWICE! Weird we won both games.

1 Like

That’s why you fail, as long as you can change the standards for players , you can kinda make the out come any way you want.

1 Like

I love how you troll around an attempt to be witty and contrarian with sarcasm whenever possible.

If we had the Panthers QB it would be the standard perceived risk… 33% of landing a guy as good as Goff, and about 20% shot at landing a guy better.

We have a former #1 overall pick entering his prime years.

There have been 5 QBs in history to win a SB under age 26…. Most agree we have an amazing foundation of 1-2-3 year guys….

We can see by year 2-3 very few QBs ever get to a SB, let alone win one… so how does drafting a guy who will likely take 5 years to hit potential work with our win in 23-24’ expectations?

I fail? Okay

Facts-

1. Stafford didn’t win shit with far more talented rosters than what Goff has now….

2. Allen has had the nfls best defense on average the last 2-3 years and a top 5 WR… still hasn’t been to a SB and almost lost to our depleted lions last week?

3. Justin Herbert has been to the playoffs yet…

4. Burrow made the SB and lost, like Goff with an equally talented roster…. Let’s see if he goes back this year

5. Tua looked slightly above average until adding the most explosive WR in the league to pair with another top WR…

6. Stafford, Brady and Rodgers all have teams ravaged by injuries, including some of their own, and they all have losing records…

7. Goff made a SB with a bad defense, 2 good WRs, and a banged up RB…. Goff looks like shit a times surrounded by practice squad players?

What is unclear?

Lol :joy:

It seems like alot of Super Bowls in the last 10+ years involved at least 1 QB who wasn’t drafted by the team. The last 2 winners of course fit that mold as well. T

Are you considering OL into this equation…cuz even injured, this OL is better than anything Matt ever had…especially when you consider run game overall.

True - sure would be nice to have that

Dude is 14 years old. Give him time.

I think they caught lightning in a bottle and won’t be back any time soon

True. Wonder if it holds up. Starting to look like it will

Wooooord! Loving it

Truth is in the middle.
Gurley-man was amazing most of that year…no way he gets there w/o Gurley.
“the call” vs the saints
They lost in the end
…so yeah, he did well, but IMO, it still doesn’t look like the picture you’re painting.

That said…I think we go DL early, not QB

2 Likes

But what if there is a 100% chance Goff never brings us a championship due to his unyielding penchant for sailing passes that lead to punts or picks, poor field vision, bad decision making, statue like mobility, drifting in the pocket making it easier for pass rushers to get home and molasses like wind up release. A 30% chance to be better > 100% chance of not winning a title. You CANNOT be afraid to take a swing just because you might strike out as opposed to hitting a home run. There is no ring if you don’t step up to the plate. It’s time we do. I’m totally fine with not ditching Goff AND drafting the best QB we can get our hands on this offseason. Yes, we could likely get more beans, but it does give Goff and frankly the team, one last shot to go for it with a better team around him. If he does and we have to give the rookie the Love treatment for a minute, so be it. But that would mean Goff took us deep into the playoffs and we still can trade either QB for some beans.

5 Likes

LOVE IT → completely agree

1 Like
3 Likes

haha! Great show

You’re kind of missing my point but I know you’re entrenched in your opinion that Goff is the solution so I disagree but I sure hope you’re right.

Me too. I have a feeling we don’t draft a QB this year. I think we’re rolling w/Goff.
What I’ve been saying since the beginning → I trust Brad (revisionist, I know…)
I really think that dude is exponentially more equipped than all of us combined (revisionist…I know). and I feel far more relaxed into it, as a result of that

I think this is a fair perspective. But who is the guy we can reasonably get? Do we trade three first round picks to trade up to #1 overall to get Bryce Young? Draft someone else? Trade for an existing NFL QB?

I am not trying to start an internet fight. I am just curious who you think the ‘best QB we can get our hands on this offseason’ is. Because WHO that guy is matters a ton.

What if the ‘best QB you can get your hands on’ looks like last year’s crop? Where you either trade a ton for Russell Wilson or Deshaun Watson, or draft Kenny Pickett in the back half of the first round? None of those options look that good to me.

I personally am not seeing a ton of great options THIS year. Admittedly, I don’t watch enough of the rest of college/NFL ball to figure out who that guy might be. I am happy to be wrong!

Either Goff, Young, or Levis

Goff is a proven commodity that is difficult to get in any draft.
I think it’s hard to say. This is gonna be a debate right up to Draft day. LOL.

That said, I sorta feel like we’re not going QB.
TrusstTheBrad = less stress

I’m mean he kinda misses the fact Barrow was also going into his second year as apposed to his rookie year. Chase helped experience and development played apart. Same with Tua he progressed some his first year and alittle more his second and in his 3rd he is even better does ty Hill help sure. But experience and development plays a part in both cases.

And the defense has been better the last few weeks, I’m sure if you rate there last 6 games there not at the bottom. And the defense actually played decent against Allen and gave the offense a chance to win. The offense and defense both were one play short for a win.

1 Like