Will Barnes be Active on Gameday?

I think that was Triumph the insult comic dog.

3 Likes

“For me to poop on”

Barnes can not affect their resumes they can affect his.” - So Dan and Brad’s jobs are not directly tied to the statistical metric of wins and losses? Why would the risk playing a lesser player who have a direct impact on W/L’s just to "fuck over Barnes? Please answer me that! What coaches have such a long leash (perhaps Tomlin and Bellichek) that they can play lesser players just to spite the more talented ones!!

“*Doesn’t have the Mental Component, that statement alone proves you are influenced by what is said and written. You don’t know Barnes enough to establish what his mental capacity is”. - You are correct I do not know Barnes, never met the guy…but you realize this assessment is coming from individuals who DO KNOW HIM and have daily access to him? You may have coached Barnes as a pee-wee mini-mite but I am pretty confident that you don’t know him as the man he is today!! And as far as it being subjective, do you understand the amount of players our coaches have been around in their lives…trust me the know if a guy gets it or not.

Posters on this board continue to bring up the comparisons and believe Barnes is the lesser player based on commentary. If you look at the stats from last year, ( which I know you won’t), Barnes out played Anzalone hands down, but you won’t believe that because of the negative commentary, (subjective) and you ignore the stats, (objective)”…Okay what you do not seem to understand about stats - whether objective or subjective - is you are looking at them in a vacuum. In case you are not aware of what I mean by that is you are looking at the numbers and making an assessment. These stats are not equal and when you bring in the VARIABLES surrounding them it paints a better picture. Of AA’s 828 snaps what were his responsibilities? You HAVE ZERO IDEA…just like me…but I can tell you the staff know. Who did AA’s stats come against? Starters, Pro-bowlers, All-Pros…what about Barnes, were his against scrubs in garbage time? So to say that if Barnes got Parsons snaps he would have out-preformed him…is not only idiotic to say but very misinformed. Keep throwing up stats that YOU THINK prove your point but they prove nothing without proper context.

You need to take off your Barnes colored glasses and come to the realization that AT THIS TIME (can always change, as he is young and I believe capable) he is not getting it done to the standard the staff want to see. This is NOT about you and how the staff are out to sabotage Barnes career…its about the LIONS winning games!

1 Like

Thanks for the attack on me,however, you, and guys like you never seem to want to address my objective observations, the stats on Barnes from last year are real, not the Easter bunny as you say. Address the facts. Look at the numbers for yourself, you don’t have to believe me. Here is the formula for projecting the numbers.

448/ 962 = .46 67/.46= 145
448/828 = .54. 67/.54= 124. Rate of tackling 67/448= .150x 962= 144.3. ( the numbers come out the same)

Those are the objective numbers, you can discount them all you want, however that is an objective observation, and an accurate way of projecting possible performance. if Barnes’ rate of tackling continued at the same pace for the remaining snaps those are accurate projection. The rate of tackling is taken over several games which increases the chances of the formula being accurate.

You need to learn what objective means…you essentially forecast modelling. You have no idea what happens with those additional snaps and what his role/responsibility on them would be. Again stop looking at the stats in a vacuum and apply some logic to your thinking. ALL STATS ARE NOT CREATED EQUAL!!!

Cap your conspiracy theory is about as real as the Easter Bunny, that’s not a attack it’s just my opinion witch according to your post above opinions can’t be wrong so I must be right.

One more thing do you believe in the Easter Bunny ?

2 Likes

Wrong, I know Derrick Barnes very well, I will not reveal how I know him, but I will say I have known him well for many years. Also the coaches have been around him last year during the season, and the partial season this year, I would take my knowledge of his mental capacity over theirs any time, in fact their commentary on his mental capacity is absolutely wrong. The number of guys they have coached only lessens the possibilities of them being accurate of the mental capacity of one single player, coaches get it wrong all the time especially new coaches, they are too busy finding their way and keeping their jobs. They don’t put the time in to individual players, and knowing a person takes time. You give too much credit to the coaches, because they are coaches don’t make them the say all about what a player is or isn’t however fans who follow them blindly think they walk on water. I know this one single player and I know him better then the coaches.j

These stats are not equal and when you bring in the VARIABLES surrounding them it paints a better picture. Of AA’s 828 snaps what were his responsibilities? You HAVE ZERO IDEA…just like me…but I can tell you the staff know. Who did AA’s stats come against? Starters, Pro-bowlers, All-Pros…what about Barnes, were his against scrubs in garbage time? So to say that if Barnes got Parsons snaps he would have out-preformed him…is not only idiotic to say but very misinformed. Keep throwing up stats that YOU THINK prove your point but they prove nothing without proper context.

The resume only reveals the stats, when a team is looking to pick up a player they look at the stats on that player a watch film, they are not bothered by that other stuff. If a RB puts up 1500 yds and 15 TDS those stats alone, regardless of anything else will get him considerations. The same is true for a LB, the numbers that Barnes put up last year will get him consideration from a lot of teams, that noise you talking about won’t matter; so if the team is not satisfied with his performance thus far they should let him go, he is a very good tackler as my projections showed, there are plenty of teams that can use his skills every Sunday and Barnes would be allowed to build a resume for his future contract. He can not throw years away sitting on the bench because of someone’s subjective observations. This NFL is a league that is based on performance, objective, not what I think about a player subjective.

You obviously missed the fact that I said possible projected numbers based on continuing the current rate of tackling. Anywhere near those numbers would be outstanding.

You need to take off your Barnes colored glasses and come to the realization that AT THIS TIME (can always change, as he is young and I believe capable) he is not getting it done to the standard the staff want to see. This is NOT about you and how the staff are out to sabotage Barnes career…its about the LIONS winning games.

Sabotaging a career can be unintentional, however the results are the same. As much as you and the coaches may think they are doing the right thing with Barnes the opposite could be very true. I don’t have on Barnes colored glasses but I do care about his career, and I see in in jeopardy with this team. It is exactly the commentary that a lot of the posters on this board have about Barnes that frightens me. Folks are buying into the negative commentaries no matter what objective analysis I make, THAT’s SCARY.

He needs to move to another team if the coaches and most of the fans have your view of him heck it is the title to this thread, WILL BARNES BE ACTIVE ON GAMEDAY. There are enough people out there that believe he will not be active, to start a thread and have a discussion about it. Praying his agent is successful in making the change.

What if the Easter bunny is actually Barnes in a Bunny costume!? Think about it…you never see them both at the same time now do you?

2 Likes

Damn y’all realy doing this again? It’s only week 3 :man_facepalming:t5:

1 Like

Shocker, well I hope you’re not so close to him that you’re a sounding board for him. I’d like to see him do well. If he listens to what you’re saying his chances at being successful diminish

2 Likes

There is really nothing objective about picking one football player over another. Its a subjective evaluation. Some people will use tackles to say you’re good (tackling machine), some will use tackles to say you’re bad (you never make plays, can’t cover, guy always has 10 yards before you tackle them). Completely subjective.

2 Likes

So basically your just really bias because you know the kid. At least now I understand your far fetched opinion or conspiracy theory.

But you still look Alittle foolish dogging the coaching staff that has played every other young player that deserved it, but somehow is purposely holding Barnes back.

This staff has the respect of all these players and has this team looking better then they have in a long time.

3 Likes

Since you know Barnes so well…then tell him to hold out and make enough noise to get released or traded. That will show us!!! He is such a stat monster that any team will be happy to grab him regardless of the bridges he burns here.

In his senior year at Perdue Barnes played MLB and had 54 tackles - 5.5 for a loss. Those definitely are not the same as a a RB who “puts up 1500 yds and 15 TD” .

Again you admittedly said you know Barnes well so any assessment you have is not without bias and definitely not objective!

1 Like

I am a big part in why he has achieved the success he has. Amazing the hate that is put out based on one man’s opinion, when have I attacked any bodies characters on this board?.it is a forum where people post their opinions. I stopped attacking peoples character in elementary school. You don’t know me or what I have been through, so keep your character attacks to yourself. I bite my tongue every time I post, you should do the same.

Cap are you really Andrew Whitworth?

1 Like

That would be bad advice, and irresponsible of me. The change has to be made through his agent and the front office, not some media outburst. How did that work for Antonio Brown, one of the best WR the NFL has scene, where did his outburst in the media get him?

So are not attacking Campbell and coaches character with your theory of playing favorites and holding Barnes back without reason.

2 Likes

Or hasn’t. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Facts is the best defense to a lawsuit on libel, I post the facts, what I see them do. No character attack here just what I see as being true. My judgement of what I see is obviously factored in, but I am not making anything up.

Or hasn’t. :man_shrugging:

Like Barnes told Whit “ I made it Whit, I made it”. Less than 2% of college athletes do. I would say that’s successful.

1 Like