Will Barnes be Active on Gameday?

I didn’t think it was possible, but now we have a 2nd/3rd string linebacker whose topics are as mute-worthy as Stafford and Goff topics.

4 Likes

It was from a game last year, in a different defensive system

2 Likes

Understand, this is a private forum
You have no “right” to free speech here
People will tolerate or be amused by your nonsense, but you have no rights here other than those granted by the mods.

Also, you should consider how worked up you’re getting over an NFL football player. Seriously, you need to expand your life — football is not that important, the Lions are not that important, and the certainly the fate of one football player is not that important— or relevant— to your life.

Seriously

4 Likes

Hard to say if Barnes will stick. Regardless, I think its important to keep in mind that he’s been moved around a lot. Before he was drafted he was playing EDGE for Purdue, but also played some inside before that. Its not easy developing off ball LBs. That is why finding Rodrigo was such a big deal. It could just be that he doesn’t have the instincts to play the position, but I think its too early to say that. I would guess he has another offseason for the light to click on.

2 Likes

Correct, and yeah, theres non rush. We gave Davis 6 years ffs.

1 Like

Fail Novak Djokovic GIF by Australian Open

1 Like

Well thats not all that uncommon here Just a different player.

4 Likes

Most opinions cannot be wrong. After all, they’re a personal belief or idea that we feel strongly about, and no one can tell us otherwise.

Does freedom of speech apply to private forums?

In other words, a private person or private company (such as a social media company) cannot violate your constitutional free speech rights, only the government can do so . That is, unless the private party attempting to restrict speech qualifies for one of the three exceptions to the State Action Doctrine.Apr 26, 2021

Hmmmm, looks like you are wrong again. I am 62 years old, I don’t need anybody to tell me how to live my life, I am retired and don’t have any bosses (except my wife). You are assuming a whole lot about me and my life and again you are wrong. Like I said before to another poster, if you don’t like me or what I say, don’t read it or respond to it, your choice.

You say, I am getting worked up over 1 player, this is why. Players make their living on how they perform, when I see people, coaches, media outlets skewing a players resume based on subjection, I get fired up. I will defend that player no matter what, especially one that I follow. This often happens in the NFL where players résumé’s are compromised by what is written and said.

I fought for another player way back when for the same reason. Shaun Alexander was on top of his game until the, “ Holmgren stabbed me in the back” article came out and his career was never the same. The NFL discarded him. His objective ability should have him in the Hall Of Fame, but he is not in there because of the negative subjective commentary that he is subjected to.

I have a bone to pick with the media, entities like PFF, and NFL team owners who make bundles, and could care less about individual players. They very often use the players to make money and discard them, all the while keeping fans like you in the dark with poppycock. All the players have, to get their next contract is there statistical resumes. Barnes can not build a resume if he is not on the field, he has not done anything to earn the PUNISHMENT, of a benching, such a move, if long term, will destroy his resume. If the owner the coach or whomever, don’t want to play him, let him find another team and build a resume there. Agents have to keep a close eye on such happenings and respond quickly, the average career for an NFL player is 3.3 years, they don’t have any years to just throw away.

I don’t believe you’re reading this correctly. This says only the government can violate your first amendment rights, not the private company. It’s written poorly, so I can see how you could misread it.

3 Likes

In the body of the article it states, private entities can restrict speech with certain guidelines, quite often pre-established and made aware to all users. Defamation Misinformation Fraud and Perjury are a few of the boiler plate standards. However even private entities can not pick and choose whom they restrict, there has to be a violation of that social media policy ie Trump and Facebook. Facebook was allowed to ban Trump based on violation of policies pre- determined, if that was not the case Trump would have sued and won.

I’m not allowed to talk politics here. That’s one of the things not allowed on this private forum. Nate allows pretty much any football discussion you want even things he doesn’t agree with (like Goff is awesome), so we’re good there.

2 Likes

I merely pointed out that you can’t just say whatever you want. You can be terminated. Whatever the policies here.
I don’t care about your age. You have a few years on me. But yeah, your digging in on this is lame. Good luck in life.

1 Like

“Most opinions cannot be wrong. After all, they’re a personal belief or idea that we feel strongly about, and no one can tell us otherwise.”

While opinions are not necessarily wrong, they can very well be misinformed and yours is misinformed. You make it sound like Dan, Brad and Shelia are all conspiring against Barnes and “holding him back” from the star you think he will be. This holds zero weight, because why would a team waste valuable draft picks to just “fuck a guy over”???

You talk about Barnes career and his resume, but what about Dan’s or Brad’s??? Do they not have a “resume” to worry about also?

You need to face the fact that Barnes is not where he needs to be right now…and that the coaches who have daily access to him believe he has the physical tools but are missing the “mental component”. If Barnes was so much better then AA, he would be playing…if he was better the Rodrigo, he would be playing! Name any other player in history that was such a sure fire miss that they should have been starting but the evil coaches/management refused to play them and stifled their career?

5 Likes

I’m guessing you’re not entertained by As The World Turns and Wrestlemania either. Let’s get this thread to the 500 post threshold of great!!

4 Likes

Threads about Jarrad Davis and Barnes, 2 very similar linebackers sure get a lot of replies.

Just wait until Davis gets activated off the practice squad to replace Barnes on special teams, haha an easy 2000 post thread! Stay tuned, somewhere around week #8

5 Likes

?? really ! I am not piling on or “attacking” , yet …your infinite wisdom says : " most opinions cannot be wrong ." because they are personal belief…or an idea that -we- feel strongly about. ?
that’s the definition of any given opinion-right? *Opinions are personal beliefs that a given person feels strongly about? sounds like it to me @Cap… by the way…opinions can be wrong.

Barnes can not affect their resumes they can affect his. If a player starts speaking out about ownership or management, his career is over, however, coaches, management, media and even people like you have “Carte Blanche” when it comes to the negative comments about players, players have no resource to respond to the negative accusations about them. You name any other player who responded to negative commentaries that are still in the NFL. NEGATIVE COMMENTARIES, DO AFFECT THERE RESUMES,

Doesn’t have the Mental Component, that statement alone proves you are influenced by what is said and written. You don’t know Barnes enough to establish what his mental capacity is. Any statement about his mental capacity is purely subjective and hard to prove or disprove.

Posters on this board continue to bring up the comparisons and believe Barnes is the lesser player based on commentary. If you look at the stats from last year, ( which I know you won’t), Barnes out played Anzalone hands down, but you won’t believe that because of the negative commentary, (subjective) and you ignore the stats, (objective).

I will say again, last year Anzalone had 78 tackles on 828 snaps, and Barnes had 67 tackles on 448 snaps, statically speaking, Barnes is clearly the better tackler, (given the opportunity at the same number of snaps Barnes could have achieved 124 tackles), I know there is the coverage component, but there are no raining endorsement on Anzalone ability to cover, he may even be slightly better, however the tackling ability of Barnes clearly makes his resume better, that is until you add in the subjective components.

• NOTE

Who has the most tackles in NFL 2021?

Jordyn Brooks

Since 2021, Jordyn Brooks has the most tackles in a season, with 109 tackles in 2021.

Micah Parsons had 84 tackles on 961 snaps. What would 961 snaps do to Barnes ‘
numbers, possibly 145 tackles, objective comparisons.

Not one thing you say make any sense @Cap , they draft Barnes In the 4th and if I’m not mistaken they moved up to get him. So not wanting him to succeed is really far fetched.
Next you look at what this staff has done they have played rookies even UDFAs over vets. We have more young players starting and contributing then almost anyone. Rodrigo is a prime example the guy is a 6th Rd pic and playing above everyone in that room. This also makes your opinion seem alittle far fetched. Dan plays the best players no matter what I think he has shown that.

You sat opinions can’t be wrong ? it’s like you can believe in the Easter Bunny all you want and it’s your right but it doesn’t make him real.

2 Likes

He’s not real!? Then who the hell keeps leaving chocolate eggs around my house every Spring and I live alone! Answer me that!? lol

2 Likes