Will Barnes be Active on Gameday?

He played in one game this year duh, that is what this thread is about, will he play again based on that 1 game performance.

That article was in response to the statement oneleglionfan made about AA showing more in the first half then Barnes in a year and 2 games. NOT TRUE.

No,I understood that the title is indicative to what is in the article, THE MAIN POINT, GET IT?

big little lies hat GIF by The Ringer

ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

One that you follow and constantly respond to, why? You don’t have to read or respond to any of my post.
I believe you are trying to undermine my opinions why? You bad mouth Barnes with no facts. I have not heard one coach say that Barnes is struggling base on the 1st game, show me the article, where did you get your info? You are the one making up things in your head.

It is simple, if you don’t like me and my articles don’t read them, or respond to them, BUT YOU ARE NOT GOING TO STOP ME FROM POSTING MY OPINIONS, ITS A FREE COUNTRY AND THE RIGHT TO FREE SPEECH IS AFFORDED TO EVERYBODY.

This is the dumbest thread I can recall…. Remember the last time it took 50 posts to figure out if a backup LB was a backup LB?

In just about every way imaginable Barnes was a similar or lesser prospect than J Davis…. A 6’ tall and 235-240 edge type skill set, with great athleticism that allowed them to function at ILB in college….

Could Barnes bump into 100 tackles and 3-6 sacks one year as a chase and tackle, and occasional it’s LB? Sure. But it would be with a 35-45 pff rating and a shit load of missed assignments.

Board is a 77 rating in limited snaps.
Anzalone over 50
Rodriguez is 77 as a rookie.

• so PFF is part of the conspiracy? They have Barnes at 30.1 and 29 the last 2 years.

My guess is we bring back Board, and draft or sign a stud vet LB next year to replace AA, but unless Barnes fixes the “above the shoulders part,” he will just be a. Athlete.

To be clear… over 100 other picks didn’t see him as an elite starter on draft day… pff has him as a bottom 5 LB in the league 2 years in a row?

3 Likes

Ehhhhh…not always…

loops GIF

1 Like

A majority of posters here are interested in the Lions winning games… and not as interested in a particular player getting a certain number of snaps.

When someone calls out the coach and claims a conspiracy theory… despite many positive changes being made… it is gonna ruffle some feathers.

3 Likes

Have you seen the above the shoulder part with your own eyes, or are you just being sucked in by what you read? There have been several articles chronicling his mental struggles, but I don’t see it, never have.

In one of the hard knocks episodes the owner is heard stating that Hutch and Rodrigo jerseys are #1 and #2 in sells, Campbell makes the statement “ we don’t need all that flash”, and Anzalone came to Detroit with Campbell and Glenn. It is sure a good thing that Barnes scored a pff of 29.9, how convenient. That worked out perfect.

No one in here is the government. So no one here is inhibiting your free speech. You are posting on open forum and putting your free speech in the public realm. With which fellow people of freedom can use their own free speech to respond to your opinions. It’s their right as well.

I for one like Barnes and I think he could develop into a fine linebacker for the Lions. But I like the Lions even more than one player. I look forward to seeing him grow.

I don’t have subscription….
but looks like there are other people discussing as well….

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2022/09/19/four-downs-lions-change-philosophy-linebacker-change-and-improved-offense/10424322002/?gnt-cfr=1

1 Like

It’s not that it ruffles feathers, its just ridiculous, dumb, conspiracy theorists BS.
He cant admit he’s wrong and Barnes isn’t good at playing LB yet…so he blames everything and everyone else. It’s cute.

3 Likes

9 tackles, 1 red zone pass break up in 32 snaps, against a Super Bowl bound team by a rookie who was not a starter in spite of his production. I would venture to say that production is un-matched not only by any Lions linebackers but across the NFL and certainly un- matched by any rookie in 32 snaps. But you say he is not very good at LB hmmmmmm.

Again, I hope and pray they trade him, and then I WILL SEE THAT PRODUCTION AGAIN. Saying a player is struggling mentally is purely a subjective observation, the above numbers are objective and I believe the numbers not the noise.

Just to be clear….

The NFL pre draft scouting process - they improperly challenged his diagnosis to read playa?

The 31 other teams saw his ability to be Ray Lewis, but chose not to pick him for 100 selections as part of the conspiracy.

The Lions gave him starts as a rookie out of necessity, but also so pff could improperly rate him at 30?

Then the Lions re- signed AA, signed Board, and drafted MRod to derail Barnes shot? Duh

Then in limited snaps the pff peeps have once again tabbed him a 29 rating

• that’s a lot of college scouts, draft analysts, nfl teams , performance analysts all questioning him

If u had a reason why everyone from the pre- draft process though the PFF peeps all fe the same way, it would be easier to stomach.

4 Likes

Are you sure!? Barnes for President!! This thread is comedy gold.

Big Brother Panda GIF

4 Likes

The head ciach and the DC literally said in Hard Knocks that Barnes has quote unquote Everything to be a NFL LB Below the Neck

So unless they think his problem is that he is a mutant giraffe, then its his head.

He needs to acclimate to the position mentally.

From the staff that has seen him

Every

Single

Day

Of

His

Career

@Cap you can blather all you want. Im not believing some random internet honk over those guys.

Also, you dont understand free speech if you believe you can say whatever you want wherever you want, either in public or a private space.

You can ask @JaeWiz about that one.

Well, actually now you cant…

5 Likes

you can twist my words any way you want to, i obviously was talking about speaking freely on this forum

over your head cosplay GIF by Comic-Con HQ

6 Likes

This is not accurate. Don’t rely on what it shows on a depth chart. Pay attention to the roles and packages.

Rodrigo and Barnes both play the stack LBer spot in our defense.

Board and Anzalone both play off ball free range LBer spots.

Depending on the package depends on what the Lions will choose to do. Sometimes we run two stack LBers and sometimes none.

There will be games when the game plan is with heavy stack and in those games Barnes will be active.

4 Likes

Someone please correct me if I’m wrong here but…

Where are you getting your stats from?
There’s nowhere that I can find that says Barnes has 9 tackles.
I’m seeing that he has 4 total and 1 was on special teams last week.
I’m seeing he played 22 snaps that first week, made 3 tackles.
I did see on a fantasy site that his tackle % was 9, was that what you were looking at?