Will Levis Going #2…

Well yes but… Peyton Manning was just a notch above avg. on the Wonderlic while guys like Wentz and Manziel crushed it. I know they are using a newer test now and don’t know how it correlates. But if past scores are an indicator of something not to get too worried about, then I’m not passing on guys like Manning, Brees, Mahomes, R. Wilson who put up very average scores. If you get the guy in front of the board and he can’t digest anything or show advanced concepts, then sure. Other than that, I’m more worried about the douche factor than the elite brain factor. See Wentz, Manziel, and Rosen.

2 Likes

How did previous QB score on this new test?

For comparison sake

I try not to compare guys from back in Manning’s day to modern guys. Things were different back then. Mike Mamula had just become the first man to actually prep for the combine a few years before Peyton came out.

Here is the tricky part. This is still a “private” thing so alot of the scores we hear are unverified and according to the company…inaccurate. But its also a recent test, so you can’t really get a feel for how someone like Drew Brees scored coming out…because he only took the test in recent years as a grown man. And as someone else pointed out, the “score” isn’t something as easy as the wonderlic to see a number and that’s it. There is more to it than that.

2 Likes

Daniel Jeremiah might have confirmed your brother’s take on Levis (or maybe your brother is the HC of the Colts?). He said on the Pat McAfee show today that as part of the process the Colts HC and Will Levis went golfing together. He must have made the same impression on Shane Steichen as he did your brother.

2 Likes

Interesting! I’m not surprised to hear this. It was not even a close call I guess. Thanks for the post, Mr.Peabody : )

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.