Woof. Lions double season ticket prices

I know some people who are NOT going to be happy …

https://twitter.com/dwhitehead96/status/1736804245255729647

1 Like

Doubled?? At least win a playoff game first

Season 2 Wtf GIF by Parks and Recreation

3 Likes

Yikes. I was kind of considering getting on the waitlist but forget that :eyes:

2 Likes

In all fairness, just about everything has doubled in price over the last few years.

11 Likes

LIVE: Shiela Hamp:
Pay Day Money GIF

1 Like

It’s called market demand. When the Lions were losers no one was going to pay a lot of money to see them. They’re a hot commodity (even without winning a playoff game). Lions now realize that if they keep winning, lots of people want to see them. If you don’t pay it, someone else will.

I agree doubling them is a little excessive but it’s called capitalism.

4 Likes

yep that’s some bs. loyalty only goes as far as the dollar.

1 Like

Shame, I was hoping they would reward all you long-time lions fans with a smaller price increase. This is one of the few mis-steps from an outsider’s perspective.

3 Likes

They gave you a shit product for cheap and now they aren’t it’s time to pay.

Dirty game but this is America

3 Likes

The other thing we don’t know is if all levels of season tickets have been doubled.

Did some checking, apparently not all doubled. Some went up 50-60%.

Not sure why people thought this wouldn’t happen. Every franchise does it.

2 Likes

Counterpoint–if you buy the season tickets, how much could you re-sell them for on the re-sale market?

That article is from before the 2023 season started.

1 Like

Gunna have to go solo

True. It’s like when we whooped the Packers in Lambeau earlier this year. The place was 50 percent Lions fans. All likely bought from season ticket holders

Our fans have too much money left to travel, and it’s really pissing the league off.

3 Likes

And this is the point.

The Market Value of those tickets is what People Will Pay for Them.

They are paying More than what the new season tix prices are After the Increase.

The Lions, correctly, saw Ticketmaster/Vivid/StubHub getting fat fees for prices 2 to 4x what they were charging.

Id rather pay the Lions than keep the vultures at TicketBastard rolling in dough.

If I bought up all the Turduckens before Thanksgiving and then used eBay to find buyers, selling them for 3x their cost, and eBay getting their 13%, next season Turducken Farms would be dumb to not just raise their prices and cut me out.

Econ 101.

3 Likes

Yeah mine went up 64% this year. Saying that this is the first increase for me since 2019

1 Like

Actually bought ours through TM for face value. The lions game this year was one of the "Milwaukee " home games and bought them the day after the Milwaukee presale. Paid 125 a ticket

2 Likes

Oh well, still have my TV, fridge and toilet near by. I’m good…

Enjoyed the two games I attended this year.

6 Likes

Well, you cant still get it for free on TV.

2 Likes