Woof. Lions double season ticket prices

Whelp, now they should have enough wildly overpay Ben Johnson to keep him from going to the chargers!

There was another thread on here where a GM admits they know fans can’t afford every game so this allows them to sell off individual games to pay for what they want

Other to try on doubling price is lions had the one of lowest prices in league so lions doubling still may not have them crack top 10 most expensive tickets

2 Likes

Double seems excessive unless they haven’t increased for a loooong time. Bad look to gouge the fans until you’ve at least had some sustained success, imo.

Just sounds like a good way to ruin your homefield advantage like GB, et al , have ; sell an organ or sell to a Packers fan twice a year for the privilege of giving your team an edge for the other 6 games which mostly means watching a bunch of multicolored ants swarming on a green tablecloth & yelling a lot.

Mind you, the whole PSL thing soured me on season tix in general. Wait…you want me to buy the right to buy tix ?! I’ve lived too long if this a world where THAT makes sense…

Tix and concessions are such a tiny % of an NFL team’s income,anyway, I don’t get why both are nauseating bad deals.

2 Likes

I’d rather them hike their ticket prices than take tax dollars to build and upgrade their stadium and facilities…most teams do both.

I know it still sucks, but ticket prices have been out of my range for quite some time now.

1 Like

They need to Arthur Blank the basic concessions

Though $2 hot dogs are a signature food, other affordably priced items on the Fan First menu include $2 refillable Coca-Colas, $3 waffle fries, $5 Bud Lights, $2 Dasani water bottles, $2 popcorn, $3 pizza slices and $5 cheeseburgers.

I read somewhere that Lions haven’t increased their season tickets since 2019. Can any season ticket holder here verify this?

Yep to my knowledge. We were terrible in 18 so they couldn’t raise them in 19. Then COVID hit in 20 and there were no games. In 2021 they had just hired Campbell and COVID from the year before and rates stayed the same. Then in 2022 coming of 3-13 and low attendance there was no increase. This year Shiela was basking in the excitement and gave us one last cheap season lol

But you have some good material if you want to use it.

“Hey buddy, what happened to your leg?”

“Let’s just say the Lions are charging ALOT for tickets next year. I’m just glad they let me keep the arm.”

Nice way to treat all of us fans who were stuck with seats we couldn’t give away for years.

Lions season tickets are by far the most expensive in all of the NFCN. Heck most of the NFL for that matter.

I hope ticket prices continue to skyrocket :wink:

1 Like

A little trip down memory lane from way back in 2008.

So I stuck by the team and supported the team for years when they couldn’t even fill the stadium. I ate $1000’s of dollars in ticket costs because they couldn’t field a team anyone wanted to see.

How do they repay that loyalty?…. At the first sign of success they more than double ticket prices to make Lions tickets some of the most expensive in the NFL.

Now to take my daughter to the game I have to pay $430+ per game for her seat. To get 3 seats that’s $1300 a game, plus parking $60+, food, drinks, etc. It’s going to cost on average about $1500 a game. The premium games will be closer to $2000 a game.

What the hell Lions…. You just made it so most of your fan base won’t be able to afford seats, especially for kids.

Great way to ruin your future fan base.

Greed …. Should be their new slogan for 2024 … Grit… more like Greed!

1 Like

Well what I meant is that if the ticket prices keep climbing that means we’re successful as hell.

Insane. Pricing out the middle class man one step at a time

3 Likes

Are you saying if you buy single game tickets they would be $430+?

I hate they are doing this. I got on the waitlist for next season. When I asked pricing the rep didn’t mention the increase at all.

1 Like

My normal seats would be yes.

Makes me wonder how many people will move into the upper deck just to be able to afford to go. Kids in the upper deck is a bad idea. Too many drunks.

I think your going to see a lot fewer kids at those prices too.

1 Like

So what are we suggesting here? That bc of prior products being subpar they now can’t charge fair market value for their current product?

I hate pricing regular people out of games. Teams need to realize it also hurts crowd noise when they do that.

What would be a fair program for loyal fans? This may sound goofy, but what if they offered a 1.934% discount for every consecutive year someone has held tickets? Or how about this (pulling it out of my butt)…every time you held tickets during a losing season, you earn a token. The token can be used for random perks, or it can be used to freeze your ticket prices for a season. Tokens expire after 5 seasons. Matt Patricia’s 2018 tokens would have needed to be cashed in this season. But Fatty’s 2019 and 2020 seasons would freeze ticket prices for loyalists in 2024 and 2025. Dan’s first season could then be cashed in for 2026.

That makes sense. I’m surprised they went up so much. I expected some, but not this much. Are you planning to re-up or are you done after this change. I’ve heard lots of differing opinions.