World has gone crazy

Where is the strike? I don’t see it. I see him being carried out. I agree there is intimidation there. Is it ideal? Nope. Is it justification for extrajudicial measures? Absolutely not of course.

Let the Portland police handle it. Someone got shoved so let’s send in unmarked federal troops to implement all extrajudicial techniques. This is America. That’s insane.

Impeding someone’s freedom of movement is against the law.

The Portland Police are not handing it.

1 Like

Yes again. Sounds very peaceful. Why are the cops being so mean.
Mommy!!

“Seattle Police say they have received reports of property damage and looting.
Windows of the Starbucks at E Denny Way and Broadway East were seen smashed out as well as the windows of Victrola Coffee Roasters at 3rd Avenue and Pine Street. The Seattle Municipal Court Building was also vandalized.”

These are mentally damaged people.

Legit? Sure. It’s also part of Sinclair broadcasting. Not sure if the protestors knew that but if so they wouldn’t be fond of that affiliation of course. But what they did is nothing compared to our administration attacking news crews so the man who shall not be named could hold up a bible upside down. So they called a news guy names and blocked a camera using an umbrella. Definitely time to bring in the unmarked cars with federal goons to abduct the protestors.

If folks don’t want this to be the narrative leading into the election, they should be calling this shit out.

If folks want to peacefully protest, then find a place and peacefully protest.

Nothing about what they are doing right now should be considered a peaceful protest.

1 Like

Handling what? I’m telling you Portland is not some broken dystopian place right now. I know this for fact. Just spoke to one of my best friends about twelve hours ago. He lives in the Pearl district. His biggest concern was that the capabilities of the mental health apparatus has been neutered by the virus and that the protests were not helping in that regard. He has had zero trouble bc of protests. He just stays away from it. He said about a month ago there were protests right near where he lives but the Portland police moved them out peacefully without protest.

The city of Portland and the state of Oregon are absolutely capable of handling this. Unfortunately we are being used as a pawn in a game of Election narrative engineering. It’s not going to work but I can understand their desperation.

Portland Police…handling it…lol

2 Likes

Police car vandalized … totally a good reason for the implementation of Pinochet era Chile like tactics

People are getting a skewed view of reality here through a very narrow lens. Like in my original post. And just like in Hong Kong. Select articles and twitter feeds make this sound like a crazy anarchist lawless dystopia. It’s not. I live here. I run two businesses here.

Every Portland resident that I have spoken with tells a very similar story to yours.

1 Like

CHOP was a 6 block area of Seattle, that was under siege. Did that make it right?

1 Like

Nobody is saying that it is right. The point is that it is not justification for extrajudicial measures. That shouldn’t be controversial.

So what are justifiable measures?

1 Like

Businesses in downtown Portland have suffered $23 million in damage and lost business amid the chaos and violent protests, officials said earlier this month.

1 Like

Yes - Oregon is a dystopian mess…

This was crazy five yrs ago And nothing be degeneration since…

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.medicaldaily.com/gender-reassignment-surgery-now-available-oregon-minors-without-parental-consent-342670%3Famp=1

Minors allowed by Oregon state law to get a sex change operation - paid for by tax payers money- with out having to inform or have parent a around? Sick

No God, no ethics and no morals… is what it is and today is just a snapshot …

I remember five yrs ago when I heard about and thought no way in America…

Sad reality… And please fake news did not exist like this back then

1 Like

Hours before what is expected to be the 53rd straight night of protests in the city, the head of the Portland police union said the community has “had enough.”

Portland Police Association President Daryl Turner, surrounded by 20 faith leaders, business owners, police officers and neighborhood residents, held a news conference in front of the union’s offices in North Portland. On Saturday, protesters broke in and lit a fire inside. The building itself was covered with graffiti.

“The elected officials have condoned the destruction and chaos,” said Turner. “They have placed their political agenda ahead safety and welfare of the community. This must stop.”

1 Like

That’s a little misleading

Pardon my French, but how the f*ck would you know that? The Willamette valley is a pretty nice part of this country IMO. I think that most once they spend considerable time here feel the same way. You have to be able to tolerate rain of course.