Worries with Jalen Carter

I know average is much different than top speed (Bolt’s top speed was 27.78, still the fastest a human has ever been clocked), but it’s a nice indicator of just how fast Richardson was moving.

Here’s info on a guy I found more in Richardson’s range:

"Marcellus Moore in the winter of 2017-18 ran an average best 10m fly time of 0.98 (22.8 mph) and his best time was 0.93 (24.1 mph). In the winter of 2018-19, Marcellus ran an average best daily time in the 10m fly of 0.95 (23.6 mph). His best time was, again, 0.93 (24.1 mph).

Since Marcellus was capable of running 24.1 mph (10.77 m/sec), he was capable of running a 9.28 100m fly.

How about Marcellus in the open 100 meters? Well, if you add one second to 9.28, Marcellus would have a ceiling in the 100m of 10.28. He ran 10.31 for the IHSA All-Time Record. That’s 99.7% efficiency."

Marcellus Moore is currently a sprinter at the University of Texas and according to their website: “Became the fastest sprinter in UT history finishing second in the final to Trayvon Bromell with a time of 6.56, finished the 200 in 20.78 to move to No. 10 on the all-time performance list.”

So overall I think we’re talking really elite speed for Richardson.

There are two Jalen Carter questions I need answers to:

1:) did he own a Power Wheel as a kid?
2:) if so, is there footage of him driving it?

Yes and Yes!

So now that Carter is an Eagle we’re going to see tons of Herome Brown comp
stories.

You all are my witnesses. That’s my comp!

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.