Worries with Jalen Carter

Dude has a lot more issues than weight at this point, mainly lack of character.

3 Likes

Lord can’t someone mentor this guy a little? He’s literally blowing millions of dollars possibly. I mean you would think someone from Georgia or an NFL player could help him out? Hell, maybe they have tried but this guy was a potential number 1 pick at one point.

I hope falls all the way to 6!

4 Likes

easy to lose 10 lbs in a week. just do keto. your water weight drops off. Eat some carbs and it comes right back. Plus I think out bodies naturally vary fluctuate up to 5/6 lbs a day. Probably more for bigger people.

The 9 lbs thing isn’t an issue for me. The bigger issue (deadly drag racing accident notwithstanding) is not finishing drills and looking winded. That’s not what you want to see with a 6OA pick

4 Likes

You’re right! The players manipulate their weights. But, it’s not the weight that concerns me really. 323 for a DT aint really an issue. I mean Alim weighs 350, haha.

The fact that Carter can hardly finish the drills because he’s panting like a dog is much more concerning than the weight IMO. It shows that he hasn’t been training much. And you see him huffing and puffing on his game film as well despite playing less than 50% of the snaps.

5 Likes

Someone was watching Ermanni and Edwards today. He also said the lions need to resign Evan Brown and that is someone who is going to get starter money elsewhere. There are scouts OUT on Jalen.

3 Likes

I’ll look for video of this happening. I haven’t seen this as of yet. I will totally change my view once I’ve seen this occur. So I reserve the right to change my mind based on new information. Thanks!

1 Like

There are a lot of good DTs that can do what he does and what we want them to do and we can pick them up in the 2nd and 3rd. From everything I’ve been reading and seeing he was a bit overrated to begin with. DT isn’t a premium position and he’s not Suh or Donald.

3 Likes

Check out the OSU game. Very noticeably out of shape.

1 Like

I don’t understand your first statement. As for Evan Brown…I wouldn’t pay Brown to be a starting OG. He wasn’t great at it. He is however, a better C than G. I hope he gets paid as a starting C. He’s proven his worth in that regard. Also, I’m sure there are scouts that are out on Jalen. There are scouts that are out before the drag racing. The ultimate proof will happen on draft day. So we’re all free to speculate until then. :smiley:

1 Like

If he was in shape and motivated, he is likely going to be a game wrecker… you see moments of dominance from him on film but good luck getting that to happen consistently. Getting Shaun Rogers type vibes. Although Rogers could be an absolute game wrecker when he wanted to be.

4 Likes

Braylon was talking about this exact topic on WWS today during his show. He isn’t concerned at all about the poor showing.

Yea, but you are insisting that this is all nothing and the guys who know don’t worry about this stuff. You are making the statement. I am simply saying that is one side of it. There are plenty of people with access and knowledge who are not high on him at all. Where he goes, who knows. It just takes one person…does he end up a Detroit Lion? No. There is no speculation there. :smiley:

3 Likes

Yep and when we pass on him at 6 for Johnston/JSN/Robinson this board is going to have a melt down

2 Likes

For sure and same here… it sucks because the moments of dominance are amazing. But then for a position like DT, dominance is awesome but if you only have it 20-30%of the time like Rogers or fairley (that may be underestimating a bit but you get my point) I’d rather have a guy who is just constantly solid and above average who has occasional splash plays but the rest of the time sets the table for your DEs and stops the run. Even though not necessarily a true DT I think that’s why they like Cominsky so much. When he’s not making a play he’s doing his job so someone else can

2 Likes

I’ll guess drag racing your friends, having one them die, legal issues , not working out being depressed …

2 Likes

I really could see either but I really hope it is JSN.

3 Likes

100% dude is going through hell. I feel for him. It truly sucks. It honestly breaks my heart. I hate seeing kids screw up and have to deal with the consequences of stupid choices. The anxiety and depression and fear that he is dealing with is insane. That being said, two people died. Its a tragedy.

3 Likes

Well said.

World probably is crashing down on this kid and I do feel bad for him, but at the same time, actions have consequences and he doesn’t appear to be handling it well.

That being said, I don’t know how you handle that… going from top 5 pick making millions to possible felony charges with two people you were friends with dying to basically failing your interview process… that’s a hell of a lot. I hope the guy gets a good counselor above all else.

3 Likes

His problem looks to be inaction.

2 Likes

If Seattle takes Wilson, I hope we can trade down. No one else I really like there.