Worries with Jalen Carter

Something seems off with this dude, wonder what the real actual story is

Speed demons catching up with him, maybe?
I wish him the best, and hope whatever his demons are, pass quickly.
But, hard No!

1 Like

I was for over looking the accident for speeding that happened as sad has it was. But not when i found out he has many like 3 other high speed problems an never learned. Now he shows up at pro day like he doesn’t care is a problem for me an what his attitude would do in Lions locker room .

I hope Lions pass on him an I think they will after today be off many boards.

As for Carter I hope he gets his shit together an becomes a start in NFL I just don’t want him on a Lions Team

I realize this is said in jest…, but I do hope people realize that an athlete that weighs over 50% more than most of us will fluctuate in weight ALWAYS!!!

9 pounds???

Don’t care.

Work out. Show you give a damn.

This guy doesn’t need measurements to convince anybody nyone…. he just needs to to show up and show some fight!

1 Like

What he needs is an agent to help him get his head out of his own a**. I mean the agent can’t force you to do it, but he could certainly push you to do right if you hired the right guy. He needs that guy who is constantly on him apparently. Calls him at 5am and tells him to get his butt in the gym.

1 Like

I wonder if he lost his endorsement deal with the car dealership that was giving him the hot rods to race around in. Getting that kind of money when your still in college can make you feel invincible. Winning 2 straight championships, everyone saying your the best player in the country, companys giving you cars and million dollar endorsements, what drives this kid?

Coach Smart said his teammates love the guy and he loves football. When he had the knee injury this year he could have just took the rest of the season off but he didn’t. He came back for his teammates to win a national championship. I trust Brad to do the interview and make the decision.

My sincere apologies to your toilet and any loved ones that use it after you destroy it!!! 10 pounder, holy shit is right!!

For Carter, personally, this may be the best place he could land to develop emotionally as well as physically. Unfortunately, I’m not sure that this team can afford to wait for that to happen. Your expectation for not just a first round pick but a hi pick is that they are NFL ready when you draft them.

1 Like

Found info regarding this. He’s a turd. Biggest interview of his life and all he had to do is prepare. Usually, for the REAL ballers, football work is their safe haven, a place of peace. He did not treat it as such…I’m out. I’d rather have Bresee!

1 Like

Work Lol GIF by BBC

1 Like

I agree if it was a 5th round pick maybe you roll the dice that you can get the kid straight. Tyree Wilson is a very mature kid from a military family that has his head on straight. But we don’t need a DE. It would be hard to take another chance since Jamo hasn’t proven himself yet. I don’t like the running out of gas at your pro day when you opt out of the workouts at the combine. He knew this day was coming and he wasn’t prepared. At seasons end he was number 1 on my board. Now I have questions.

1 Like

Exact vibe I got. Verbatim. Can’t remember exactly what red flags were slapping in the wind for Fairley, but when he fell to us well, we were shocked at our good fortune. Until Sweet Nickie didn’t turn out so well.

The worst part of this is that it probably takes Tyree Wilson off the board as well who is my target for the Lions at 6 so not only will Carter likely drop but this also opens up another spot in the top 5 for a player to be taken that would have been available for the Lions at 6 otherwise. A shitty situation all around.

The best hope at this point is that some team takes a chance on Carter in the top 5 or a trade up for a QB making it 4 QBs gone before 6.

3 Likes

Can’t have too many. And listening to Wilson he has always sounded like a MCDC guy. Just at the combine alone he must have said “you still have to put in the work” at least four times in an 11 minute interview. But also talked about watching a lot of film and being okay with the critiques to help his game grow.

Two weeks later Carter shows up like this and Wilson said (at combine) “Start working out for my pro day and then keep working for a private workout as I head into the draft.” …and Carter isn’t even rehabbing like this kid is stuck doing.

Also said he’s ahead of schedule according to his doctors who are smarter than him and the best at what they do.

Smart, loves the game, knowledgeable about the game, well-spoken, respectful, and wants to kill people.

Sounds like Dan all day long.

4 Likes

You and I both, sir.

1 Like

I still think he’ll be a good pro. Or maybe just good comtract years. :slight_smile:

1 Like

We should draft him for the team bus rides alone.

We already got a driver!!!

driving chris farley GIF

I’m just waiting for the Laremy Tunsil facemask bong video with Jalen at this point.

cbc i agree GIF by Kim's Convenience