Would you be ok with paying Goff 35 million a year to win one playoff game?

Lucky like Stafford did in his SB run with all his pick sixes?

But he didn’t have a stacked team. That team had multiple key injuries and he still got them to the SB.

But Goff did that. His team had OL, RB and WR injuries and he still got them to a SB. He also did it last year with a team many people thought was way short on talent. I firmly believe if they made the playoffs they would have won a game even with all the issues. Something the Lions haven’t done since the early 90’s.

Matthew Rams GIF by The Undroppables

So did Matthew Stafford and he delivered and got the super bowl and that’s my point… Good vs Great… difference between paying Goff and not…

That was Stafford legacy on the line he loses that game then everything that was said about him is true, choke artist… He won and did it with injuries and that’s what great looks like

Man he was mocked and downgraded for those type throws in Detroit by fans media, all the arm angles etc etc. Now it’s a positive skillset for him. I still remember Collingsworth on a Sunday night when Stafford was in year one with LA; I never realized how good a QB Stafford really was.

However, those years with the really good defense and decent offense in 2013 or 14??? he didn’t lead a solid team to a playoff win.

1 Like

Where was great Stafford in 2013 or 2014, didn’t he have two min left to lead the team to a victory against Dallas, or whatever year that was?

I agree. probably his only blemish on his Detroit career given how bad the lions have been bar 14

Where momentum shifted, and we got raped on national TV picked up the flag and dez running on the field and our punter punted a 10 yard punt? Or roughing the passer that was bullshit? No excuses he had a chance and didn’t win the game, but guess what, he won the first year he left and got a decent team around him. And if he’s on this lions team rn I promise u we go to playoffs this past year

LOL.
Of course you promise that. But he failed, in spite of all the bullshit, he failed he didn’t get it done. Would you have paid him top $$at that time or chase him out? Didn’t he have two int’s as well?

Do you really believe the QB play is the only reason one team won and another lost?

:joy: just learning from u guys, using excuses for Goff but he didn’t win, and attacking a Lions legend who played his heart out here. How about the pass interference vs saints? Ur Goff shouldn’t have even made it to the Superbowl lol

It’s not always like that but Goff had opportunity after opportunity and if he made those passes when it mattered game changes :100:

Win loss stat fo QB’s are severely over rated is what this proving, once again.

I would point the finger more at the defense than the offense for not making the playoff’s this year, granted it doesn’t fit the Goff failing narrative so I understand why it isn’t done.

1 Like

Look at Goff vs bills on thanksgiving. His decision making is sub-par at best, He struggles to stay confident throughout the year. Think about this, is Goff ( Max Contract) the guy you want in the playoffs?

Goff balled out end of the year, all I’m saying is he’s not HIM and we won’t win a chip with him. Someone go check his PFF grade and tell me how many big time throws he has to turnover worthy plays in the 8-2 run.

Nope… whoever is willing to pay him 40m is just happy we are alittle relevant finally and happy to be here. You want to take that next step don’t ■■■■ up like Rams did and learn from that and let’s extend this Super Bowl window

I have no issues giving Goff an extension in two years when it’s up. But the anti Goff argument is that you don’t want to pay him. That’s two maybe even tree years away. A lot can happen in that time. I suspect Goff like Stafford did will sway a lot of people in that time.

Grayson Mccall would be amazing for the lions next year, he would help start a dynasty

TBH, I really don’t care and was just posting until my conf call starts at noon chuckling at your responses. As I have said to you in other threads I’m all for a QB if BH wants one at six or anywhere.

Difference is I think Goff needs to continue to improve as he did in the last 10games in all phases. He has next year to prove that it continues and extension will get dealt with then if so decided. Not worried about it.

I can agree that Stafford was the greatest QB in my lifetime and living outside of Athens I enjoyed him at UGA as well. So I have my own fan favorite bias with Stafford. However, that doesn’t mean I rewrite the script and make excuses for him once he leaves like I didn’t when he was playing here.

As BH said easier to go backwards than forwards at the QB spot.

Who tf is that guy lmaoooo

1 Like