Would you do this trade?

I’m thinking about this possibility and wonder what it would take, making the Lions happy with it, to do this trade?

My main point is not liking the top QB is the upcoming draft and if they decide they’ve seen enough of Goff

I wouldn’t give enough to get it done is my guess, though I do think is better than Goff when healthy.

1 Like

If they’ll take Goff and his contract off our hands (and a pick), I’d happily oblige. But given the state of things, I’m not sure there’s QB in the league that would fair much better than Goff (that said, Goff has been uniquely terrible in addition to our deficits).

4 Likes

I’d lump Garappolo and Goff in the same lower tier. (That’s the tier where they’re highly paid by a team that just traded away its future to replace you.)

3 Likes

Agree - I’m still in the mind set (like I actually know what the Lions are thinking :crazy_face:)! That we don’t want a QB this next draft. If so….

We roll with what we got or go find another out there via trade or FA…

1 Like

I don’t think Jimmy G is much better than Goff, plus Jimmy is made of glass, he’s hurt constantly.

4 Likes

SF is going to wish they kept Jimmy.

I didn’t realize Jimmy is already 30?!

Goff is only 27. Maybe this isn’t the best idea I’ve had today :thinking::crazy_face::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::confounded::shushing_face:

I can’t imagine it. His cap number for us next year would be about $26M. What would we trade, a 7th round pick for a one year rental? Garoppolo wouldn’t advance our future at all.

1 Like

No. Jimmy G is too overpriced and isn’t the answer long term. We need to get the team pretty well set and then draft a good young prospect with a low cap hit. Jimmy would only slow that progress by being an expensive turd in the punch bowl.

LOL - love this. Thanks for the laugh, Godfather

Both of these cats refuse to shave their head
…and then wonder why they suck
…WTF???

1 Like

If all it takes for Goff to succeed is a shaved head. We need to hire a secret agent to take care of this.

Observe Rowan Atkinson GIF by Working Title

1 Like

Roofie his ass and take him to electrolysis, while he is passed out.

1 Like

lol exactly.

1 Like

Honestly we’d be better with someone like Tyrod Taylor. Someone with mobility who can at least give our subpar receiver corps a chance to get open. Depending how much we upgrade them, of course.

2 Likes

For what it’s worth, most Rams fans feel that Goff > Garoppolo, especially when health is factored in.

Shanahan is a more creative OC so just about any QB will look better with him. Goff will instantly look better if traded to the 49ers… I guarantee it.

1 Like

Agreed. Shut this Garoppolo crap down.

3 Likes

If you think it’s not possible to downgrade at quarterback you are horribly mistaken.

Can we trade for Shanahan?

3 Likes