Would you like Kenneth Walker if we traded down?

Agreed. A defense doesn’t really have to pay, if he gets loose. He doesn’t draw much attention.
If you don’t pay attention to Swift, it could cost you points.

I’d like to get someone even faster than Swift (still love Swift though).

1 Like

IF we trade down and IF we take a RB for me it’s Breece Hall.

1 Like

Agreed, why not be Dominant in the run game, make a strength an elite part of the team.

1 Like

I Dont Think So No Way GIF

4 Likes

Take him with our 2nd pick. Running is big now.

playoff leaders inspire…
2 QBs and a WR in the top 7 rushers.

1 Like

Walker makes a lot of sense. Our offense is predicated on the run. Swift goes down it’s a huge hit. He is the big play threat from the position. Lose him for a few weeks or in the post season, it drastically changes things.

We aren’t and won’t be a pass first team. Physical run team with a physical D. Walker fits that perfectly, is a big play threat and can catch out of the backfield. Less wear and tear on Swift and replaces Williams in a yr most likely and saves cap room.

Im not saying we go this route, im saying i for sure see the logic. We don’t have Derrick Henry, but Swift, Walker makes for a great 1/2 punch. With Swift getting nicked up every yr. Walker mitigates the loss.

Goff isn’t running, who’s our WR/RB,? We are a run first team, that means RB is a position we should prioritize. Still need WRs, TE. However Walker has a good possibility of being bpa at top of rd 3, or in a trade down in rd 2.

A good FAgent WR, and maybe Dotson or Pickens in the draft, and Walker paired with Swift makes for a potentially, drastically improved offense. Our Oline gets healthy. Teams forced to play to stop the run. One back gets tired hit them with the fresh one. With a couple WRs to take advantage over the top, the Offense starts to look good and tough.

Goff is a playaction QB, he needs a run game. There are other needs id like to fill. However, if seeing Goff excel, answering the QB question. Solidifying our identity as a run first power football team is the goal, as Campbell has said. Hard to argue the pick if they take him.

3 Likes

If the Lions had a 4th or 5th Rd pick, I’d like to see Hassan Haskins in a Lions uniform. But I’m probably in the minority in that regard.

Haskins said he’s going to surprise with his 40. If he runs faster than I think he will. He might go higher. Love the way he runs, if he was a home run threat, Id be very interested

No to any running back on day 1 or 2

6 Likes

Yes could care less about this given where we are. J-Will did more with what he had for a good part of last year by a lot , idk how the final #’s added up and bet swift gained ground. Let it ride with our same 3 this year, see how swift keeps evolving, decide where to prioritize next offseason accordingly when we’re in more of a position to build a cognizant team. The free agent class this year is underwhelming and 2 years of 2 1sts should hit somewhere. Spend valuable resources elsewhere until we’re ready to compete. We are already good enough at HB. Especially compared to other positions like WR or any level of the D.

Truth here. Still wish we would have gotten Javonte Williams somehow. Because of our OL being what it is, he becomes even nastier. Imagine playing across from the right side of our line for the entire game, and then at the end, and your worn down from battle, and here comes the real J-will… Most people are gonna be like “none for me, thanks.” I totally get ppl thinking our RB stable is good enough. If we’re gonna roll with Goff, I think it HAS TO get better. If you’re upgrading QB, sure…spend capital elsewhere.

I feel like moves like that are good long-term moves, because when is the next time we expect to see another player like J-will (Denver)? It’s not just his skill set…it’s not just that he’s power/speed/versatile. It’s not just that he is built to pick up blitzes and will likely be really good at it. He’s also Durable, has a nice top end speed, and is delivering the hit. He’s a DB’s worst nightmare. He gets to the second level, and nobody even wants any of that shit.

Good future move, because durable, great tough guy, and not only a weapon, but attacks. The OL would love that. “We’re coming to kick your ass and take your lunch money, and there’s not one damn thing you can do about it.” Him and swift in 2 back sets…sick!

Anyway, I’m just using that as an example of why filling the biggest hole isn’t always the best long-term move.

That said, I don’t expect them to draft a RB high. Maybe someone late round to challenge the bubble players. Netflix and JJ still haven’t hit their ceilings either, so we shall see what happens.

Gonna be fun to watch. I think we have about 10 weeks to the draft.

I couldn’t possibly disagree more!!!

If Romeo is healthy and we re-sign C Harris we should have 17 ish sacks from our starting Edge group.

So we might have a top 10 edge tandem already, and JO on top and yet we consider edge #2?

If K Walker ends up a 1500 yard back, he easily worth more than Hutch

Hold on… are you suggesting to take a RB at #2 overall!? He won’t even be drafted in the 1st round.

That’s why he’s worth it, in the 2nd round.

The last time a Super Bowl winning team had a 1000 yard rusher was in 2016… when LeGarrette Blount ran for 3.9ypc for the Patriots.

In the past 14 years… only 3 Super Bowl winners had 1000 yard rushers.

Having a good rushing attack is definitely a good thing thing.
Using a RB by committee that does not require much investment in the easiest position to fill… also a good thing.

3 Likes

However, a setup like Jacobs and Bradshaw out in NYG land was awesome to watch. If we’re gonna roll with Goff, we need something like that.

Most of those SB teams had at least a B+ QB. The ones that didn’t had amazing D and run game. If we are gonna roll with Goff, we have to build differently.

Of course, I’m all about upgrading, but I know how hard that is to do. Not every team can have an elite QB like the Rams and Bills do. I feel Goff will be in the 12-15 rank. if he can sneak a bit above it helps, but I’m not counting on it.

that means there are 15+ teams that are also trying to upgrade QB as much or more than us.

I hope we can upgrade, and I’m aware of how difficult that is. Gotta trust Brad.

No disagreement that a good run game is important.

My point is that the RBs can be drafted on day #3, snagged as cheap UFAs, or even UDFAs.
Spend the premium picks on the O-line, WRs, D-Line/edge, and CBs.
I’d also prefer to spend 2nd round picks on off ball LBs and safeties over a RB in most cases.

3 Likes

A good EDGE gets 17 sacks by himself and you’re calling Romeo freaking Okwara and Charles Harris a top 10 edge duo???

Nick Young Reaction GIF

3 Likes

Stats are a phunny thing aren’t they?

Stafford- trade
Brady- free agent
Mahomes- #10 overall
Brady- 6th rounder
Foles- free agent
Brady- 6th rounder
Peyton Manning- free agent
Brady- 6th rounder
Russ Wilson- 3rd rounder
Flacco- #18 overall pick

In the last 10 years- only 2 teams have won a SB with a QB they drafted in the first 2 rounds….

Seems like waiting til round 3 or even 6 would make more sense, or maybe trading for a guy?

I know I’m being a smart ass, but cmon. What
Does that rushing star really mean?

1. Rams- the Rams have two of their own 2nd rounders plus traded for former 1st- Michel

2. Bucs- draft K Vaughn in the 3rd, R Jones in the 2nd, and signed former top 5 OVERALL RB L Fournette!!!

3. Chiefs- anomoly-

4. Patriots- drafted Michel in rd 1, and to be fair he had 931 yards in 8 starts and 13 total games. HE ALSO AVERAGED 112 YARDS PER GAME IN THE PLAOFFS AND SB! The team also had investments in James White- 4th, Burkhead UFA, and former 1st C Patterson

5. Eagles- traded for Jay Ajayi, signed Sproles to a decent contract, and Blount