Would you trade up to 3 for Jalen Carter?

He definitely showed it. He just didn’t show it consistently. Hut there are reasons.

1 Like

Bijan? I thought we were talking about 6 and a 2nd. No way do we give yp
Both firsts for a DT.

Nope

In 2003 the Jets and Saints gave up both of their 1st rounders to move up for DTs. What’s funny is they jumped in front of the Vikings who ended up missing their pick…but still took a better DT than those teams.

2 Likes

Sorry, missed that.

Spoon and Mazi>Carter

Please replace Mazi with a real NFL DT.

Thanks.

3 Likes

Mazzi worries me but insert second round DT of choice. I get it.

1 Like

I trust Mazi to shoot the gaps more than other guys.

:wink:

LOL
Nailed it :facepunch: :joy:

Season 3 Nbc GIF by The Office

If we sign DT Daron Payne in free agency then this becomes a moot point. In that case, I think we would go edge with one of those second round picks to finish the DL.

If we don’t sign Payne, it’s a possibility. We need a difference maker there.

1 Like

The essence of The Den.

3 Likes

And when you pull up actual draft results to make a point, the response is:

Friday Movie GIF

Trade up to 3 - probably not
Trade up to 4 - very debatable
Trade up to 5 - yes

1 Like

IF the cardinals trade that #3 pick to a team wanting to draft a QB, I think there is a legit shot that Jalen Carter is available at #5 (QB to Houston, QB to trade up team, QB to Colts, Will Anderson to Chicago). If he is available, I almost expect to see the Lions are now on the clock at #5.

But I don’t see a scenario where it makes sense to give up multiple day 2/future picks to move up to 3.

3 Likes

Seattle could badly use him too

1 Like

Doesnt Jailin Carter seem like the Hutchinson & Sewell of this draft?

4 Likes

fingers crossed

2 Likes

No way do I trade up 3 spots to get Carter and give up our first 2nd and 3rd rd pick. This defense has way too many holes to be making this type of trade at this time. We also need a OG and RB.

Absolutely not. Maybe more Tibs-like.

https://www.si.com/college/georgia/news/kirby-smart-details-jalen-carter-role-change-georgia-football
"Jalen’s a good football player, he’s taking a role in Tray [Scott’s] room of being an example for others and Devonte [Wyatt] and Jordan [Davis] did as fine of a job and really Travon [Walker] in that same category along with Julian [Rochester], they set a standard of work ethic, whether it’s [Carter], [Logue], whoever’s gonna control that but Jalen is certainly talented and you have to push and be willing to push yourself and put in a great effort in practice because really that’s what set Devonte Wyatt apart. He played himself into a really good player. He was not that player when he got here. He was not that talented of a player when he got here. He worked himself to that. He lost weight, he got stronger, he got quicker, he wasn’t the player year one, two, and three that he was four and five and we would like to have the same thing with Jalen. [Carter] was a very talented player as a freshman and sophomore but we would like to get more out of him "

1 Like

Thibs had better production (especially early in his career). You are drafting Jalen Carter bc there are like 5 human beings on the planet with that strength combined with those movement skills.

But you are right if you are suggesting that for someone viewed as can’t miss the proof of concept is fairly limited.

2 Likes