WR at 32/34?

Even with all the preparation for the draft, I imagine you have to be agile when mini-runs in positions force you to adjust in the moment and re-envision the draft as a whole. Lynchpins of my current mocks are Christian Watson at #32 and hopefully Troy Andersen or a slew of other LBs at #66. Reality just might interfere.

Maybe at such a point Brad just goes down the line on his best prospect list, I dunno.

So maybe I’m just offensive minded, but I gotta tell you if the Packers walk out of this draft with two first round WRs and we walk out with Dean and Booth (best case) I’m not going to be happy at all scrambling to find inferior WRs to the Packers. To me, once again, the Packers will have opened up a talent gap. Its ridiculous.

What if Dean and Booth are Ray Lewis and Slay?

This would soothe my unhappiness. But I can’t even imagine us passing on a WR with one of our top three picks. Its almost unthinkable to me. IMO, I think we’ll trade up if we really like a guy.

I feel like if Dean is there late in the 20s someone is going to jump up and get him.

WR at 66…
Isaiah Weston, Northern Iowa, 6-foot-3, 214 pounds
What’s in the water at Northern Iowa? Trevor Penning was an elite tester on the offensive line this year, as was Spencer Brown a year ago. Then Weston showed up to the combine and blew it up. For someone his size, his 4.42-second 40, 40-inch vertical and 11-3 broad were mind-boggling. If the Patriots are looking for a size-and-speed project in the middle rounds, Weston would certainly be worthy of a flier. He scored a 9.99 when it comes to RAS, comparing favorably to Texans legend Andre Johnson.

We might for sure but there’s definitely a chance we wait if the draft falls a certain way. Everyone was up in arms last year too, remember, but that worked out with ARSB. A guy like Jalen Tolbert at 66 could absolutely become the next McLaurin or Kupp (both early 3rd rounders). The depth of the WR class (this year and in the year’s to come) makes finding them later far more doable.

1 Like

Exactly. No need to be rigid. If other teams overdraft a certain positon don’t reach at that position. Go take advantage of guys that fell at other spots. It’s not like we’re awesome at every positon aside from WR.

3 Likes

I really doubt all of the following go before pick 32:

London
Wilson
Burks
Olave
Williams
Watson
Moore
Dotson (personally I’m less high on him)

I’m fine with all of them but would certainly expect that there is a player at a different peostion that I end up wanting more than about half of them.

1 Like

Also… if the Jags draft Hutch at #1… and just paid crazy money for C. Kirk, Zay Jones, and Evan Engram (a WR claiming to be a TE)… still have Marvin, Shenault, and even re-signed Treadwell … it would be hard to imagine they draft a WR at #33.

Lions probably have the same WRs available at #34 as they would at #32. :+1:

It’s less hard to imagine the Jags trading #33 to a team salivating for player X overnight.

Season 4 Michael GIF by The Office

I would not mind us calling them about Laviska. Not sure how Doug feels about him.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.