WR with Rams pick

I’m still inclined to take a LB or DT but I wouldn’t be opposed to a good number 1 WR. What do you all think of this kid at 26ish. Needs custom 5x hand size gloves. Definitely beating Pickett in thumb wrestling

7 Likes

DT? We just drafted 2 last year. We need offensive weapons, so yes all on board for WR’s with the Rams pick and possibly 33rd.

4 Likes

That’s my guy! I love Burks and I think he’s exactly what we need.

3 Likes

This !!

1 Like

Garrett Wilson or Olave.

Burks isn’t bad though

will he last that deep in the draft?

With Hand gone and Nick Williams as a UFA that hopefully is gone in 2022… the Lions will need to add to the interior Dline.

I’d rather get 1 in free agency if possible.

1 Like

I’m also assuming Brockers won’t be back for 2023. If Jordan Davis is available, I would be very tempted to bring him on board for a potentially dominant rotation

1 Like

I respect your opinion, but I think we need pass rushers more than DT’s. Flowers is gone for sure. and R. Okwara is coming off an achilles tear.

4 Likes

Don’t disagree at all. I’d also be happy with two ends in the first

1 Like

Zay Flowers, we will have two Flowers on the team, if we have two Okwaras, we can have two Flowers.
Burks is ok, not a dwarf, we have a lot of them.

1 Like

We have a lot of needs, just look at out record. lol

2 Likes

So far he is my early favorite to be picked with the Rams pick. I believe it was Brugler who made the AJ Brown comparison, and that is exactly the type of WR I think we need. Combine him with a legit WR in free agency and all of a sudden our WR group is looking pretty good.

McVay wouldn’t have picked him. Can’t risk that hand size being anywhere near his fiancé.

1 Like

Brockers hits the cap for $9M if he stays or $8M if he goes, unless you do a post 6/1 release, which I don’t see a lot of teams doing to vets like him.

Urgh.

Unfortunately Brockers isn’t going anywhere next year. I am hoping this is just a down year for him as he has been a solid player his entire career. Worst case, he sticks around in 2022 as a very good leader and someone with a great work ethic, and we release him in 2023.

2 Likes

Wilson or Burks are probably my top 2 at WR right now.

1 Like

Man, with that 23 mil cap figure, he’s firmly in the “cap casualty” pool. He’ll be cut, saving us 10 mil, then sign with New England.

1 Like

We’re definitely married to Brockers for 2022

Might be able to trade Brockers… in a deal where the Lions eat a portion of his salary.

1 Like