WR with Rams pick

If we drafted Davis, I’d be totally down for this. I did read though that Brockers has had a positive impact in the young guys being like a coach on the field. I’m ok eating that contract in 2022 and planning on moving on in 2023.

1 Like

I definitely like the kid. I think there’s a lot of good positional prospects on both sides of the ball. Based upon the first draft, I think whoever we get at that point is going to be a surprise value pick Based on the following…

1. Every single draft, by the time you get to pick 20, there’s 1 to 3 “major reaches” that no one anticipated. I’ve never once seen a draft that went off like clockwork according to concensus. I laugh when people say there’s no way so and so will be there, because thinking this will be the first draft that goes according to plan is the first mistake.

2. There’s almost always a player that takes a mini/major tumble on draft day and ends up in the 20’s. Sometimes there’s a good reason, sometimes not. Sometimes team need just doesn’t line up with talent on the table. It happens, alot.

If you buy into these two factors, there’s no reason to believe that the Lions won’t be in a position to scoop up an unexpectedly dynamic talent there. Burks or Wilson? Jordan Davis? Devin Lloyd? Who knows. Once you’re past the top 10, team need definitely plays a part in the selection process, because a lot of those teams are not looking at solely BPA, they’re looking to fill a hole that they see preventing them from getting to the next level.

1 Like

Does he get seperation?

If not, is he truly a guy who will win contested catches every time?

My opinion is to take BPA

However…this teams biggest need is qb. Lions might need to move up from rams pick to get a qb. That would be wise. That is the only position you should ever reach for.

There’s a lot of WR in the draft Havent watched much of Burks but…

I like Georgia WR George Pickens quite a bit. Watched quite a bit of him. Good explosion into his breaks…great hands. Good size. But he tore his Acl
He might go back to school.

2 Likes

It doesn’t really matter the position player you choose since there are so many needs (tho hitting on a WR would knock it out of the park of course) what really matters is that you pick a perennial pro bowl caliber solid starter, and it’d would be nice do this back to back drafts

2 Likes

I’m in the DE #1 and WR #2 camp, Burks is my preferred WR. I do think he could go top 20 though.

2 Likes

Sounds like a damn good plan.

Perhaps, this year’s DK Metcalf.

I do too.

We need size at WR. He’s a perfect fit so I highly expect him to get drafted one pick ahead of us.

Sounds about right.

Only if Mike Holmgren is involved somehow. :laughing:

I wonder if we could get this guy at the top of round 3. Probably depends on how the SR Bowl goes. That first play is brutal but after that you can see the NFL traits despite some wretched QB play.

I really like Tolbert.

I’ve seen draft projections anywhere from 1st round to 4th.

I just don’t see this guy getting out of round two. His upside is really high and he does a lot of things really well.

He does struggle vs the more physical corners who press him hard but once he’s in his route he does an excellent job at gaining position and boxing out his defenders. So I tend to believe he will improve in this area and once he does he should be a very productive WR.

The senior bowl and his 40 time will set the stage for him. I like that he’s planning to attend so we should get an excellent look at him.

Why would we do that? lets say we eat half your going to pay have for new guy? Your not getting his ability for year from a rookie draft pick likely after rd 3 You keep him to work with the young DL we are building .

We don’t need to spend big money on a WR I hope we draft one with Rams pick an work with him an Cephus an St Brown with Draft pick maybe keep Jefferson an just add low cost maybe later rd pick also.

episode 7 beans GIF

I wouldn’t eat 1/2 the money… but eating $2 million
of his salary would result in $3 million in cap savings.

Of course… not sure anyone would want to give up a bean for the opportunity to pay him $5 million in 2022 (assuming we pay $2 mill of his $7 mill)… so it probably isn’t happening.

He’s planning to attend and very excited about doing so as Mobile is his hometown. I can see the concerns about press. In general hus learning curve might be a bit steep bc he hasn’t always faced great CBs. But he has generally played well against good competition.

Cephus and St. Brown are not answers to turning this core around. A #1 AND #2 is needed to make it an nfl caliber receiving core.

Cephus and Brown are depth players. I mean come on, we have a good backfield, a top 10 TE, and solid OLine, and we are the worst offense in football. How can anyone suggest we don’t need massive improvements at WR. If we go into the draft, not adding a #1 or really good #2 before…we are definitely looking at another bottom 5 offense in 2022.

We need two new faces at the top of the WR depth chart. No one on the roster can fill those two roles.

1 Like

Even with a broken ankle and having his season cut short, Drake London still get’s some serious love from PFF. USC's Drake London named PFF's Pac-12 Offensive POY; ten Trojans earn All-Pac-12 honors

St. Brown is a slot, I don’t see him ever being a #1 or #2 option for an offense. He could develop into a decent slot though. He has shown some ability with YAC and running with the ball. He’s only a rook, he should improve.

Cephus is more intriguing. Goff actually seemed to have a bit of connection with him. He could potentially be a #2 WR IMO. He played pretty well before he got hurt. He had over 200 yards and 2 TD’s in 4 games, which had him on pace for 800 yards and 8 TD’s. He’s still only in his 2nd year.

We clearly lack a legit #1 option though in a massive way. Bringing Reynolds back to compete with Cephus for the #2 spot wouldn’t be a bad idea. Gotta draft a WR, probably with the Rams pick in the 1st round I’m thinking. We shall see.