WR with Rams pick

There’s a chance, I guess, Cephus could be a low end #2 WR. But to count on that is just asking for failure. I personally think he is whatever. If you are not a lions fan, you probably don’t think much of him. That’s my opinion…

And st. Brown could be a decent slot. But how many solid slot WRs are there in the NFL today? There aren’t very many. A lot of teams like to put their best WR there often. Aside from a few exceptions, a slot, who only plays the slot, isn’t very valuable.

If a depth chart has Reynolds/cephus/St. Brown any higher than 3/4/5 next year, management dropped the ball imo. I really don’t think they will though so I’m not worried about it. If they haven’t learned from their mistake this season, they are playing little league.

1 Like

I think St. Brown is an okay slot with the potential to become an above average one especially when you consider his willingness to do the dirty work. Cephus is a great #4WR. Totally agree that we need to add both a number 1 and a number 2.

1 Like

We NEED Garrett Wilson

1 Like

Yea, I can see what you mean. And as we have seen this year, injuries are going to happen, so depth is important. We need some high end talent playmakers for sure.

1 Like

You realize he hasn’t even been playing, right?

If you draft a WR with one of our first 3 picks, and grab one in FA, suddenly we have at least an average WR room. I just want to point out that Goff had a WR that he was familiar with last week and Reynolds caught 3 for 70 yards. Were THESE 5 yards passes?

Uhh, yes…

My point is don’t count on Cephus being the #2. You don’t hand a player the job, make him earn it. Cephus hasn’t done anything to warrant being counted on as a WR2.

Am I wrong?

If we decide to re-up Reynolds, what is he? Is he a #2? Cephus is probably the #3 outside WR option going forward, so agree we need 2 outside starters. St. Brown is worthy of time, but I like a burner slot guy and he isn’t. So I see him as sort of the same as Cephus, a backup slot guy. If no Reynolds, then I think we need a #1, #2 AND a #3. Unless Raymond can take over that role and he does have speed and playmaking ability.

I think Your wrong you use the second rd one pick on WR then later you add another plus ones i said you have begins of a good WR corp You don;t need to go add a top tier FA WR .

You will not have a QB to start to pay the big money we ned to stop tryin to rebuild in one or two years.

What did the Giants get for there big money WR take a look at the numbers. No No no on big money WR right now.

I’m not even saying it has to be a huge money FA. There’s gonna be a ton of FA WR2s on the market next year.

But if I were calling the shots, I’m absolutely paying for whatever big name FAs willing to come here (I don’t want this statement to be the focus of my comment lol). If Detroit doesn’t draft a QB, doesn’t pay for a couple big FAs, and we win 3/4 games next season…Detroit will still be a highly undesirable place to play.

You can’t just wait a season to start adding the most talent possible. It’s important to have long term contracts on the books at all times. Otherwise you are just asking to make a push for a 2-3 year window. Can’t wait to have a foundation built solely through the draft, pay 5-6 FAs big money, then just boom! We are contenders! You do that and you are setting yourself up for cap hell in a few years.

Nope, I think the idea to build a steady winner is to add 1 or 2 premium talent type FAs yearly. With the idea that a couple contracts come off the books every year. Handing out out WR1 money doesn’t change anything in terms of this teams rebuild or future. Signing a Mike Williams to a Golladay type contract (or another WR), then drafting a WR with our 1B pick is ideal for me. When FA contract expires, it’s time to pay our hopeful WR1 we drafted in 2022. And it won’t feel like we broke the bank to do it.

Going into next season with 2 rookies + our current core again, just sounds like dropping the ball. Need a proven commodity. Someone to immediately impact this offense. And Mike Williams is one of the top 5 scary 1 on 1 deep threats in the league. A player like that can transform our offense quickly.

1 Like

That’s the benefit of him at the senior bowl. We can see him against quality corners and see how he responds to NFL coaching.

The senior bowl and combine will determine where he goes. He has high upside if everything checks out.

Initially I was disappointed in this WR class simply bc there didn’t seem to be the star power of the last classes but the depth is fantastic IMO.

There’s plenty of quality players in it.

Man, how many wide receivers have we seen that never panned out? John Ross, Blackmon, Breshard freaking Perriman, all first round picks, all srode-holios.

Nope, after this years performance by this group, they need to get a proven winner. Back up the Brinks truck to a free agent and make sure you have at least one legitimate threat out there. Now isn’t the time to screw around.

The defense, even with gaping holes, has performed decent. The running game has shown promise, and might be even better if we can open it up a smidgen. Hockenson is in his prime, don’t let it go to waste. You go out and get a stud free agent, and whoever you stick at the other side should have a field day if they have any talent at all.

Just throwing it out there but with Seachickens maybe doing a rebuild do we throw a 1st for Metcalf

Positives is we know he is a really good WR compared to potentially really good WR in the draft

Negatives he is up for a new contract after next season where a rookie WR we would be good for years before a new contract

This team has so many needs but our biggest need is playmakers. You have to assume a WR is in play with the Rams pick.

People can argue where they want to draft a certain position but it’s all going to depend who is still available when we pick. At the end of the day we need guys that rush the passer, that create turnovers, and catch TD’s. It really doesn’t need to be this huge debate.

Burks is a stud! My dream draft would be these three players: Hutchinson, Ojabo and Burks

1 Like

This is a pretty solid WR class and pretty crazy when it comes to the draft. I think the prevailing thought will be to not reach too early as to get good value a bit later but then I think someone will start the run and teams will go into panic mode to trade up.

There are probably 8-10 guys in this draft that could be our #1. My goal would be to work some trade magic and end up with a pair of those top 10 guys. I doubt our current management will be that aggressive so we will probably just end up one of them.

Chargers have $75 million in 2022 cap space… so I don’t see Mike Williams getting to the open market.

I also see zero chance that Adams or Godwin hit the market.

Allen Robinson? maybe.

Looks like Chark, Gallup, short guys, injured players, and old dudes will be available.

I can see the Chargers letting Mike walk. It’s not like he’s a no doubter. And with adams and Godwin available and so much cap space, maybe they attempt to land the bigger fish.

I don’t really see it either for the record. It’s just what I want to happen. Mike Williams is also not a fit for someone like Goff.