Yahoo Charles McDonald Mock - Young & Porter?

99 problems & a QB ain’t one

3 Likes

Brad is gonna gt it right. What if we have 2 super-QBs on th roster? Trade one for a mountain of beans! If the Brad sees this as a possibility, and the best direction for the organization… consider it done

3 Likes

If we are going to draft a short QB I’d rather wait until day three and get Stetson Bennet. He has a very good arm and can scramble. Imo he would be a great back up who could develop into a good starter, is a winner, and wouldn’t cost a high draft pick. I would be ecstatic if we could snatch him in the 5th or 6th round.

4 Likes

Rank
Jared Goff
Jared Goff
Detroit Lions · Year 7
2022 stats: 17 games | 65.1 pct | 4,438 pass yds | 7.6 ypa | 29 pass TD | 7 INT | 73 rush yds | 0 rush TD | 7 fumbles
Previously viewed as a milquetoast fill-in, Goff’s perception-changing campaign saw him light up the enemy for 29 touchdowns and nearly 4,500 yards – against just seven picks. He’ll miss his share of throws, but most Sundays showed off a passer who avoided big mistakes and refused to shy away from aggressive shots downfield. Goff looked the part inside an offense that finished fifth in DVOA, third in total yards and fifth in points. His miniscule interception percentage (1.2%) was powered by a nine-game stretch run that saw him fling 15 touchdowns and zero picks. Don’t expect the Lions to toss him aside.
Fresh from NFL.COM
Regular season QB rankings.

2 Likes

In what universe does Stroud go before Bryce?

No Way Reaction GIF by CBS

3 Likes

Ohio State Universe

4 Likes

Agree. That’s why I don’t understand all the national talk of Seattle NOT drafting a QB when they have a 32 year old FA but they do have Detroit drafting one when they have a 28 year old QB that is under contract for 2 more seasons.

I could see a team getting scared off by Young’s size. Also compare their last games vs Georgia.

Stroud vs Georgia = 23/34 for 348 10.2ypa 4TD 0 INT
Young vs Georgia = 35/57 for 369 6.5ypa 1TD 2 INT

If Young is there when we’re on the clock our phone is going to be blowing up. I’d expect a haul of picks

3 Likes

please… tiny, baby Jesus…Plllleeeaaase…
:pray: :pray:

2 Likes

It would be amazing if somehow Young fell to us not because I want us to pick him but because I guarantee there would be a team willing to trade up and offer us some very nice beans in exchange for moving down maybe somebody like Carolina.a

3 Likes

I’d take that draft instantly.

That said, no chance Young falls that far.

Campbell signed a 6 year deal. Goff has 2 years remaining on his deal if I’m not mistaken. I think drafting a qb is more a security blanket and the best long term health plan of the team. In 2 years if they think Young is the same caliber player as Goff quintessentially you would be paying Young less than what Goff would command on the open market. Yes we would be contending but having a qb the caliber of Young could potentially extend that window IMO.

Lol

Some of you guys really believe Holmes uses his best pick on a QB?

How about build a championship roster with immediate impact players.

Uh boy, keep dreaming I suppose

2 Likes

No calls trying to move up would mean that the NFL and people much more astute than me have voted thumbs down on Bryce Young. Since our team needs are elsewhere, I’d take another talent rather than negate one of the most significant and successful parts of The Trade.

2 Likes

I would hate it. Hate isn’t even close to a strong enough word.

The Lions would deserve the Curse to come back if they did that……

It’s not like Goff came out of nowhere. He was a traded up for #1 overall pick who put up pro bowl numbers in 3 of his 6 nfl seasons as a starter, and last year really cannot be counted.

I don’t think Young nor Porter will be elite NFL players. In the right system, with the right cast, sure I can see young…… Seattle should take him over trying to run it back with a newly paid 33 year old Geno…. Then again, if he has a decent to good pre- draft how could he get past Houston and the Colts?

1 Like

YARN | Skeet, skeet, skeet, skeet, skeet. | Chappelle's Show (2003) - S02E06 Music | Video clips by quotes | dec5af79 | 紗

You know, personally, I think we just witnessed the moment (s) Jared Goff became truly “Elite”.
That’s what I think.
That guy was throwing dimes to end the game in Green Bay.
It didn’t hurt that he was in control of one pissed off team that told the whole world, “you will respect us!”

3 Likes

First the Bears with Justin Fields and then the Packers with Anthony Richardson? LOL oh brother tell me that won’t happen.

I noticed JSNjigba was in this mock at like the mid point. I feel like he could be one of the most under-the-radar prospects in this entire draft. Look at what Garrett Wilson and Chris Olave did in the NFL. They are no1 type WRs in the NFL. JSN had better stats than either of them in 21. That’s incredible. And when you watch him his athleticism is so smooth you almost don’t notice it. I have concerns about his slender build and top end speed but not serious ones. Then consider this: Jameson Williams transferred out of Ohio State because the Buckeyes decided to move Garrett Wilson outside so they could get JSN on the field. Garrett Wilson was born to play the slot. People said maybe Jameson grew up after the transfer or whatever, but I don’t think teams should underestimate JSN simply beating him out of the spot on talent (albeit a different kind of talent).

1 Like

Recent first round first 18 from GBN…