Year 7 Goff > Year 7 Stafford

Baltimore did win a Super Bowl….but it wasn’t because of Caldwell or Flacco. I mentioned game manager….perhaps Caldwell helped with Flacco’s ability to manage a game. That’s all he had to do with that defensive talent he had on the other side. Plus that running game. But the Colts regressed after Dungy left. They did get to the Super Bowl….but they lost. But the Colts also had Tom Moore as OC so there really wasn’t much for Caldwell to change or even influence. But Peyton Manning would know better than me so I cannot dispute what he says. That said, I still don’t think Caldwell does anything different with Goff in 2014 than he did with Stafford

all history man…Staff isn’t here and hasn’t been for a year…history. I’m focused on this team now going forward, not bickering over a former Lion QB .

2 Likes

Hold on now, wasn’t Flacco outstanding in that playoff run if I’m remembering right!? Pretty sure he won super bowl MVP!

6 Likes

Yes he had like 10 TDs and no turnovers I believe. But he also just played game manager, he never had to win the game for them

1 Like

That’s fair. Lots of koolaid was flowing yesterday…haha. Goff is having a good year and the Lions offense looks great when it’s healthy. It’s all good brother! Now lets kill the Vikings!

1 Like

You are completely lost in lala land here.

1 Like

I disagree with beating dallas with Goff under center. Stafford was under a ton of pressure that day. Our line didn’t play particularly well. Goff doesn’t handle pressure. I think he would have struggled too. Our offensive gameplan was far too conservative and vanilla for either quarterback to really succeed.

3 Likes

Run game and Oline play and stuff like that only pertain to Goff. And there is a few that won’t understand what you just wrote.

3 Likes

I stand corrected….I think Flacco won that playoff game in Denver. He had 331 yds and 3 TDs.

2 Likes

THIS….I totally agree and this is the point I was trying to make.

3 Likes

Yea I was pretty sure he was unreal in those playoffs! Not sure where that came from really, he never really did it again.

1 Like

Gezz bro your stats BS is failing you again. We have rushed for what 1500 yrds this season with how many games left ?

2 Likes

Imagine how many yards we’d have if Swift was healthy all year! shit we might go for 2500 yards if so.

You could really see the difference yesterday in Swift, he looked pretty healthy for once. Hope that continues.

1 Like

Yea he played lights out…he had 11 TDs (I said 10 before) but I don’t think had had not one turnover during that post-season

2 Likes

Imagine how many yards we’d have if big v were healthy all season. We have a top 10 rushing attack even when playing musical chairs all season on the offensive line.

2 Likes

The Lions are 10th in yards rushing per game, and most teams ahead of us having QB’s that can run, so you could argue we have the most productive RB’s in the nfl because we aren’t getting any yards from the QB. Props to Duce and Fraley.

And good point on Big V! Too bad he can’t stay healthy. Big V and Sewell were very good together on the right side.

6 Likes

Jim Caldwell breathed new life into Baltimore Ravens' offense >

“ When Jim Caldwell replaced Cam Cameron as the Baltimore Ravens offensive coordinator following a Week 14 loss to the Washington Redskins, few were expecting the first-time play caller to resurrect an offense that had struggled to find an identity for most of the season. However, not only has Caldwell given the Ravens an identity, he’s transformed the unit into an explosive postseason scoring machine.”

Yep I already admitted that fallacy…Flacco had 11 TDs, including 3 straight playoff games with 3 TDs, and no turnovers. But that does make me question why he was so conservative with the Detroit offense in 2014?

2 Likes

round holes and square pegs. He let Lombardi try to install a complicated play action under center attack that didn’t play to either Staffords or the Olines strength

1 Like

Stafford was having issues in Lombardi’s offense! Those 2 never really seemed to gel together. Stafford looked quite a bit better under Cooter!!! haha what a name and who wouldn’t be better with more Cooter in their life!

3 Likes