You do NOT pass on these QB's

Damn… did that joke go over everyone’s heads or what?

I think im funny

You didn’t quote anybody so I am sure alot of people were like me and had no idea what you were responding to. I interacted with Chewy back in the day and know the entire story.

I heard you might need some help.

1 Like

I wish I had faith in Brad at the QB position like I do with pretty much any other position. But the evidence is scary to me. Kind of makes me think we might be better off with Goff than letting Brad work his QB magic.

Does this mean Holmes bringing Goff to Detroit was the first QB domino for your doubting him on evaluating the position?

Lmao well played

2 Likes

Goff has grown on me. I was not a huge fan from the start. He’s not really my type of QB but he’s a pretty good one. But yeah, then he brought in Boyle and Sudfeld, and I’m not sure how much he had to do with Sean Mannion. It’s limited data, but it’s scary data, which does point to trends I don’t particularly like.

1 Like

That’s fair.

At least he has acknowledged the mistake, now we see what happens.

No, he isn’t. He is being sincere. As for responding to him, it wasn’t made to mock him. It was made to joke about the entire topic and the sensitivity around it. Dude should be able to say what he is saying without being called a troll or whatever. There is validity to his perspective.

3 Likes

If he is being sincere then i really apologize. Not trying to bully or bring him down. If its his true opinion ill pull down the negative comments. Im sorry

3 Likes

I can only remove a few a day…ill get rest gone tomorrow

1 Like

You are good brother. I wasn’t trying to really talk at you. Just thinking this person might be sincere. From his posts and then from his name….that’s some other world trolling on so many levels if he isn’t being sincere.

1 Like

Yeah man i definitely preach no bullying to my kids so i need to make sure i practice what i preach lol

1 Like

Revisit this in 5 years when not one of these guys is still starting.

Goffs performance says you are wrong.

Love people who talk with certainty as if they know more than those who do it for a living :facepunch:t2:

1 Like

Yup. Nothing in life is certain. Even if you are 99.9% sure of something there is still a .01% chance you are wrong. There is a much greater chance of being wrong in this specific scenario. So much so that why wait 5 years, we will know in 2 years where several of these players stand.

2 Likes

Just to be clear while I believe the Lions will take a QB at some point in the draft I do not now or ever have seen a QB that cannot be passed on. Just remember that college stats and how many games were won in college has very little to do with how well they will play in the NFL. We have all seen a hot college QB who looked terrible in the NFL, just like we have seen the 5th or 6th QB in the draft actually be the only one who makes it at the NFL level.

1 Like

He had a good season. Let’s see if he can be consistent and duplicate it next year. One season does not make a career and there were several things he needs to improve on. This might be blasphemous to some here, but last year doesn’t mean he is an elite qb.

1 Like

I am with ya brother. I just had that talk with my 6 year old son yesterday. The whole “daddy if someone is picking on my sister what do I do?” and knowing when to protect his sister and yet at the same time walk him and his sister away from a situation. And knowing when, as a last resort, you might have to protect yourself and your sister. obviously its more than 1 conversation…

1 Like