You Willis peeps doing ok?

I’d be stoked if we still had a pick.

Draft could’ve been

Hutchinson
Cine
Willis

Who would’ve taken that over Hutch and Williams?

Maybe, but Williams will be there if he can. “Timetable, I don’t really have one, but I’m pushing for being ready at training camp.”

2 Likes

But you have to be honest that there’s a good chance won’t be. Missing part of or all of camp will have an impact to the start of his season.

To me, the receiver room to start the season is no different than it was yesterday in regards to who will be out there at the start of camp.

No knock against Williams. There’s no rush to hurry him back. Get him healthy. No setbacks. He is a game changer.

3 Likes

Disagree

1 Like

He is fine….his maturity is off the charts.

1 Like

It’s impossible to assume that…the only thing you can guarantee is Hutch at 2 because that pick was already made.

If we don’t trade up for JW, someone else may…this changing every other pick that came after. It essentially the butterfly effect…the one change causes a ripple effect for everything else.

Just gotta wait and see what we get and then try and be satisfied and positive about it.

That was my thought as well, but I learned a very long time ago never to bet on anything the lions do.

I was/am pro Willis, I think he is going to be “Maholmes Good” in year 3. I will eat crow if so. But I place my trust in Holmes and Co. way over what I watched on video.
My only slight concern was watching the after draft interview with Jameson. I question the culture fit, but again, I may be way off on a quick interview and defer to Brad and Co.

Love the guy. Would like to see us trade next year’s Ram pick to snag him…then draft Defense

1 Like

He’s a terrible QB that has some physical traits. The hype was impressive but the fall shouldn’t be a shock to anyone, Willis included. I was saying before the draft, if he gets taken top 5, his agent should be in the HOF.

We could use next year pick to move up a take a better qb

Willis in the 2nd would make just about everybody happy, huh?

We’re definitely gonna find out. I think we’ll win too many games next year. Get 31 from the Rams…22 for our own pick. That doesn’t get you a top 5 pick, IMO. I keep hearing ppl say it, but I don’t believe it. I’ll be happy AF to be wrong, and I do trust Brad. I trust brad WAY more than I trust my own opinion…I’m just being fan.

We could still draft him. The only team before 46 that might is Baltimore but they need a WR.

Cmon don’t jinx it, jinxer!!!

The more time passes the more I think we pass.

I think we do too. We have other needs. A backup QB is a luxury at this point.

The story is totally about the QB’s in this draft, Willis just happens to be one of them.

this is bananas.

I have seen guys drafted in the 1st and 2nd round that had terrible upside… and Willis and Ridder have good traits plus are good dudes.

I’ve never seen a draft so weird for QBs.

2 Likes

I am NEVER gonna forget that people wanted to take a guy at #2OA that didn’t go in the top 74 picks and will be at best the 3rd QB off the board

That is why fans are not GMs

10 Likes

I realize when you wrote “everybody”… it was likely intended for this forum.

However… I am starting to think that teams that don’t even need a QB would be smart to take Willis or Ridder because they may have a cheap backup under contract for 4 years that actually has the physical traits to be capable of winning games if needed… or could become a trade piece down the road.

1 Like