You Willis peeps doing ok?

I feel like this happens a lot where a QB gets passed over in the first and then no QBs get taken until about the 3rd or later. Just more noticeable when only one guy barely made the top 20.

This is good news, my boy Cole Kelley won’t get drafted and we can sign him as an UDFA.

1 Like

Literally texted almost the same thing only less wordy to a friend about 20 minutes ago. Even if you don’t need a QB at this point you’ve got a super cheap back up for 4 years with upside potential if he develops. Stunned Willis is still available

2 Likes

People bought into the hype, threw on his highlight film, watched him at Pro Day, heard he’s the next Michael Vick, then …. they……. failed to acknowledge he isn’t a competent pocket passer.

You can’t win in today’s NFL without being able to win games by throwing it 40+ times from the pocket. Legs only get you so far and for so many years in your career. Even the best mobile QB’s with any longevity were premier passers. He just isn’t, and the NFL is showing you that.

Next time… watch the full game tape and not just the highlights.

1 Like

Hw many full games of Willis have you watched???

Almost half of 2021 because people were mocking him at 2 lol

Waste of my time is what it was though.

1 Like

If you watched those games and came away with your take then you had no idea what you were watching. 2020 Liberty had an OL and some receivers, night and day. Willis was screwed, but that doesn’t explain why none of the other QB’s have been picked up either.

That can be said for half the other players as well.

Because nobody besides Pickett really looks like a NFL starting QB

2 Likes

I didn’t see anyone saying Willis was a starter. Everything I was seeing was he can sit.

1 Like

So you wanted to take him #2OA to have him sit and hope he developed into a NFL QB

Got it

1 Like

Good

1 Like

I am glad we took Hutch and didn’t execute your plan :joy:

4 Likes

I am glad we did too. How long before you run him out of town is the question!

1 Like

I can’t run anybody out of town. Because I am not a GM

But I would obviously make a better GM than anyone that would have spent the #2OA on a guy that went on pick #86 :joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

ROLMAO!

A legend in your own mind huh! Your the only one that thinks so.

Lol

Russ Wilson has played 10 years… and thrown 30 passes per game or less in 7 years…

Lamar Jackson… has never thrown more than 25 passes per game.

2 Likes

Willis played in a system that dictated the play at the snap. He never had to read a defense to make the play. It was a quick one read run or pass.

DOESN"T mean he can’t but teams were not willing to gamble he could. Everybody sdays he would need a year to develop. MY opinion is 2 years so it would be year 3 before you could evaluate him properly. Most teams, I should say GMs can’t wait that long.

3 Likes

This makes perfect sense to me. I just wrote that it could take him 2 years to develop. I didn’t know what you just said about the offense, only that he’s a little farther behind in the read’n’react part.

I just see the embodiment of greatness in him. He’s gonna make it in the NFL.

I trust Brad and am very happy w/the draft.