Your confidence level in this team?

Looking on the bright side we’re already 2-1/2 times better than ESPN said were going to be.

I have a friend from New England (that I took to the game last year :smirk::grin::sunglasses:) that said they became accustomed to the early losses/close wins as when the second quarter of the season rolled around things would ramp up without fail and they were off to the races.
While I understand his point of the first part of the season being a pseudo extension of “preseason” being a Lions fan has me conditioned to always wait for the other shoe to drop.
While I’m excited, these wins as others have said could easily have gone the other way. I’m looking at 7 out of 10 because the slappy in me always tends to win out over the pessimist.

1 Like

I mean…BETTER right? Who thought we’d start like this? Nobody I know…

I don’t have many expectations, just enjoying the season. I feel a palpable difference in attitude from year’s past. This team is having fun, and believe in their system. I don’t think you can put a price on the importance of that.

I’m not sure we have the overall talent to win the whole damn thing, but we could have a surprising playoff run with maybe even a playoff victory.

2 Likes

I started at 9 or 10 wins, still there. Although this recent news about Stafford’s health has me concerned, en pretty good for the last couple of games. Makes me wonder if his back problem was not new news, we were led to believe last year was last year. But ow I’m beginning to think this is one reason why Stafford didn’t practice for 6 days during TC. So if he takes a beating anywhere along the line, he might not finish the season.

AND, he just call it a career and hang 'em up.

Wise ! “Open Mouth Insert Foot.” :face_with_raised_eyebrow: grrrrrrrr n stuffff !

An injured Stafford changes everything. Hope we can nurse him through most games with playaction and a strong defense.

Hard for me to put a number on this team. Schematically I believe we will continue to see improvement on both sides of the ball. But I do have concerns about the depth of this team on the offensive side of the ball. We get banged up on the line or skill positions, I can’t see us putting up enough points to win consistently.

So far, yes!

1 Like

One thing about Stafford, that man is one tough SOB. If he can walk, he’s gonna play. Which is good cuz it appears we got no chance with our backup QBs IMHO. I thought they shoulda kept JJ, but maybe he wasn’t that impressive in practices.

Agreed
Regardless of Sunday’s outcome I think Quinn / Patricia are headed in the right direction
I believe Quinn is building a team that can be competitive in the long term
If he’s around long enough it’ll be interesting to see how he handles the Stafford transition. But I hope that’s another contract away.

2 Likes

LOL - So far, yes…true. Buuuuuut…Law of averages says we will go on an amazing tear and win a ton of playoff games, which would likely include a SB, or 2…or 5?

I’m beyond done waiting for our turn!
Get this done, Patricia/Quinn!

Yes to all of this, brother!

I like what I see from gamelan and strategy. Positives are the offense able to adjust to defenses and spread around the ball. On defense, I really like our secondary but it’s still frustrating to see teams convert third downs. We rank 25th in the league, allowing almost 46% of opponents 3rd downs

We also have a +3 turnover margin good for 14th in the league. Not amazing but at least we are on the positive side of that stat

The area in biggest need of improvement is pass rush. They desperately need a hand. But Hand has an elbow so maybe we will see Davis being pressure more from more 3-4 looks

1 Like

I don’t like that either, and I do expect it to hold up. I’d be interested to see our red zone D stats. I think we’re set up to play them for a mistake, and contain mobile QBs. We have been very good at getting an outside-in rush, this year, especially against Murray and Wentz. Nobody’s beating us up the sidelines, as they’re forcing them to help in the middle.

GB got stopped on two separate drives with first and goal situations. I think we’ll be better than them, inside the red zone.

I think the D will get better with pressure, and we will show more as situations call for it. I’m with you in feeling like the D-line still hasn’t quite put it together, yet. I also believe they will. Hand, Bryant, and a healthy and well-conditioned Daniels/Flowers/Sacks/Okwara should improve as the season goes on. Very solid depth and talent.

I think football is actually going to be fun for us in December, this year!

My issue is that in the past, very consistently, when the Lions looked like they might turn a corner and put things together… they did the opposite and fell apart.

So while the defense especially has played really hard, if Im betting my house, its a 14+ point loss.

We are 7th best in the league allowing TDs 45% of the times opponents are in the red zone

Pats are 1st with an insane 0%

1 Like

I am convinced Matty P is an avid believer of film study, something he has the entire staff tuned into. I believe the staff spends more time dissecting film than any staff not named Patriots.
As the season progresses, we will have more film, a better feel for the O and the D-line will be back to normal.

Someone earlier said we could easily be 0-3, I agree, but we have 2 in the book, I expect 8 more W’s. 10-5-1.

1 Like

Agree with all of this!

Nice! Totally expect this to get better, as well.

Thanks for posting, btw!

1 Like

I guess I can’t honestly say, entire life, I was one year old the last time the Lions won anything…try as I might though, I can’t remember a single thing about that game…

Hi Checkmate , it’s been awhile. nice to hear from you and see you posting again. :wolf:

1 Like

Hi farmer ted. good to see you here posting bro .