Your Fantasy Football Sleeper Pick

QB - Jamis Winston - I think he wins the starting job in NO and has a top shelf offensive mind as a coach and a ton of talent around him. It wasn’t long ago he threw for 5K. I think he can be had super late in the draft and the upside is high. My guess is that whoever starts in NO will look great and I think it’s will be Winston.

RB - D. Swift … I think the stars are aligning for the Lions to have a top shelf run game and Swift will benefit heavily both in the run game but also in the passing game. I think he puts up over 1500 all
Purpose yards. I see a break out year for him. Your going to have to get him early.

WR - Jalen Guyton - a relatively unknown player who put up 500+ yards last year in his break out year. Justin Herbert will probably have another great year and he has Williams and Allen as his WR1 and WR2 so no one is even thinking about Guyton but Hunter Henry is gone off to NE, Allen and Williams tend to miss a lot of time. I’m expecting Guyton to get plenty of playing time and I think the Chargers run more 3 WR sets too. He just might be the top WR for Herbert in 2021.

I think Troy Aikman and Joey Galloway are set to have monster seasons.

1 Like

I’ve had Edmonds on my bench the last couple years, and he’s been really productive when called upon. In a high profile offense like Arizona --bound to put up lots of points-- I can definitely see Edmonds as a sleeper. A little deeper than most, but could definitely be thrown into the conversation.

I see your point with Murray bound to hog most of the scoring, but Edmonds was RB2/Flex material with Drake out of the equation.
I also doubt Conner stays healthy, and on a cheapo contract like that, I could see his name being phased out of football altogether.
Give Edmonds 10-15 more carries a game and he could certainly cement himself as more of a consistent RB2 option; maybe more :man_shrugging:

** before someone flames me for having Edmonds on my bench for more than a year, I’m in a 12 team-26 man roster-superflex dynasty league. Annual 4 round rookie draft with little to none on the waiver wire at all times.

My league- Dynasty 12 team/26 man roster/4 round annual rookie draft/superflex.

My sleeper- Brandon Aiyuk.
I truly believe Deebo Samuel has all the talent to be a WR1 option, he just can’t seem to stay on the field long enough for me to trust him.
That said, I think with the right QB, Aiyuk can be the better of the 2. Enter Trey Lance by wk3 and Aiyuks production should expand by a ton.
I could see him hopping into top 10 WR territory by 2022, if not this year.

1 Like

LOL.

When I read this, I immediately thought, “Grab Matt Stover for kicker.” Not sure why, but there was a solid five-year stretch back in the day where I had Stover on like 80% of my fantasy teams.

1 Like

No doubt hasn’t had a single injury free season. That’s what puts him in sleeper category because the ceiling is there. Clock forward to see how he’s used with Lamar

Aiyuk is a very good call ^^

Is there a Den Fantasy League?

Baker Mayfield for me.

I think the Browns could be this year’s Buffalo, the team everyone believes will run all year who instead passes a lot. And Baker was soooo good down the stretch last year once he got used to the offense. Like, better than you remember. And no matter what you think of ODB, he’s at least an upgrade on what they had last season.

Their defense is probably too good for him to be #1 or #2 overall, but I could definitely see a ceiling of top 5.

Tannehill is a good athlete and played WR when he didn’t win the QB job in college. He ran a faster 40 than Josh Allen and Dak Prescott.

Parris Campbell could also be considered a deep sleeper.
Tremendous upside if he can stay healthy, also considering his QB can now throw the ball further than 5 yards.

But can he throw it accurately more than five yards? I mean if you are betting on a Wentz resurgence (which I can see) then why not just opt for Wentz as the sleeper?

1 Like

He doesn’t run which limits ceiling, crazy low % he is top 5 qb’s in points. Also lack of parity among QB’s for FF points, large supply takes the position out of sleeper category for me. Only QB who could make a jump that really matters is Kyler.

I could see Hock ending up in this discussion

And Wentz very well could make a comeback. I just think he’ll be more successful due to the talent around him (solid defense, creating more opportunities/solid run game), rather than brought on himself.
He’s playing on a much better team altogether.

Campbell has the big play ability that Pittman and the aging Hilton don’t (anymore). And I believe Taylor opens those big play opportunities up for him.

Again, I’m not saying Wentz shouldn’t be considered a sleeper. I just see Campbell as having more of an impactful presence than Wentz alone if he can stay healthy. Which is why I brought him up.

Pittman has plenty of big play ability. That guy is a beast.

This is a super boom/bust flyer type but Mecole Hardman has an opportunity to really bust out.

I think Raheem Mostert also has a big year of he’s healthy though I’m not sure if he really qualifies as a sleeper at this juncture.

2 Likes

Definitely not the same athletically.
Pittman is more of a big bodied/come down with the ball in tight spaces kind of reciever.
Campbell can take the top off the defense with his speed. He’s also quite shifty and can make people miss.

Although I agree Pittman should be put into the sleeper category as well.

Indys WR core has a bunch of ?'s really. So either one of Campbell/Pittman fit the bill.

Paris Campbell is absolutely faster but he’s in general a pretty terrible WR. If you scheme him touches then sure he can really put up some numbers but he’s more of a “weapon” then a WR. I just don’t see a lot of high end outcomes.

I watched Pittman a ton in college and as @thats2 can attest to I was all about him even prior to his rise throughout the draft process. His game speed afford him ability to separate and he’s not so linear that he can’t be a real threat after the catch. He’s not just a Kenny Golladay type of athlete.

Not saying I’ll be right, just believe Campbell has higher upside personally.

I’ve been wrong SO many times in my rookie drafts. So has just about everyone though, excluding one freak owner who keeps hitting lol
I thought for sure Gallup was gonna be a complete stud in Dallas lol

Provided both are healthy I’ll be shocked if Paris outscores Pittman in fantasy. Though I’m admittedly a bit biased on Pittman. Never been a Campbell fan as well. We shall see.

1 Like

The problem is the opportunity cost has risen so much for any QB with a hint of running capability that I don’t think any can be qualified as sleepers any more. Maybe rookies like Lance, Fields, etc…

Conversely, I think there’s a growing market inefficiency to exploit when it comes to non-running QBs. You’d still rather have a guy who can run, but you have to pay so much more for them nowadays. But the past 4 years, between 2 and 5 non-running QBs have finished in the top ten, and that’s in leagues with 4-point passing-tds.

Of course all of my leagues are 6-point passing-td leagues, I never understoody why you’d penalize a QB for throwing a td, so perhaps that skews my point of view.

2 Likes

You may be right, but he’s not Derrick Henry, and more importantly, he wasn’t on my fantasy team… while Mr. Henry was. It was more venting about costing me 2 games last year. I hold grudges when it comes to fantasy, and he’s second on the list behind Zeke.