Your Fantasy Football Sleeper Pick

Ahh yeah 6pt passing TD’s make a huge difference & can see how your leagues play differently than standard scoring. I can understand Josh Allen being worth payup but otherwise I don’t see the value in anything other than wait on QB and pick 2 for a committee unless a top guy slips too far. Keep the QB positional variance down week to week and build a strong team around it while others reach for a few extra points @ QB but give up a larger disparity at other positions from floor to ceiling. Having said that I haven’t studied for fantasy 1 second yet this year. And could see how even in 4pt TD leagues the market has shifted a bit like you’re saying.

After rereading seems we have a pretty similar outlook for general strategy and typing most of that out was useless. Heads in the clouds today. I can see Baker being a good value but still he’s around a lot guys where point totals will be similar. It makes sense in later rounds but is not the type of sleeper that’ll generally win you the league

How about Jamaal Williams as a sleeper, he might be available in some later rounds. I’m expecting him to get a lot of touches. And Swift missed games in college and last year, so Williams could be the #1 back at times. Hopefully Swift stays healthy, but Williams could still be a good value because he’s also good in the passing game, averaged 30 receptions per year the past 4 seasons.

1 Like

Pittman was the big dummy who didn’t give his jersey to Wentz when Carson asked him for it. I’m avoiding him in fantasy this year. :joy:

Yea I think definitely J Williams. Swift is kind of a known commodity now and will be picked early. J Williams should be right next to Swift especially god forbid if Swift misses

1 Like

How about Russell Gage?

He had 109 targets and 72 targets in 2020.
Julio only played 9 games, but is gone now.
Ridley had 143 targets, and Hurst had 88 targets.

Arthur Smith will likely run a ton of 12 personnel… and the WR depth is pretty terrible behind Ridley and Gage.

So it all comes down to Superman (Pitts).

Does he light it up as a rookie because he is the greatest weapon football has ever seen?

Or does he have a slow start like almost all rookie TEs?

I figure the Falcons will be trailing in most of their games, so I think Gage could be in line for another 100+ targets. I do wonder if he gets enough red zone chances to be a big impact though.

3 Likes

Thats a good one.
Apparently people are really high on Gage too.
Got offered pick 13 and 19 in our rookie draft a month ago for him.
Ended up with Sermon and Elijah Moore :sunglasses: big win IMO.

I’m going to be hunting Jamal Williams shares in my leagues. Both are non Detroit league’s though. Hock, Jamal and St. Brown (in the keeper league) are the three that I think will provide some value. Hock may not but I still believe he’ll be under-drafted in my leagues.

1 Like

I assume when you say “non Detroit league” it means non Lions fans. If its a group of non Lions fans that means you can get Swift. You don’t have to treasure hunt for Williams.

1 more thing to like about Pittman… is his schedule.

They have 9 games against teams that struggled on defense agaibst the pass in 2020.

And… several of the teams they play with good defenses… also score a lot of points… which means there is good potential for shootouts or garbage-time gold. I see about 11 games against teams with top 10 type offenses ob their schedule.

Especially if your league has points for kick returns.

I was thinking Hardman might breakout as well.

Watkins is gone.
Robinson and Pringle are JAGs.

Hill and Kelce already had huge target volume in 2020, so it might be difficult for them to absorb many more of those targets available from Watkins’ departure.

Yes. That is what I meant. My most competitive league is a keep 3, 12 team dynasty format. Chunks of the league always go RB early and then hold those elite RBs for the 3 years of (potntial) control. As a result, players like Swift rise. He went round 3 this year. I think he goes round 2 this year. I probably can get Jamal in round 8 or so. I’ll take the latter.

If anyone in the Old School Keeper League wants to trade me McCaffrey for Henry and Gibson or Henry and Eckler, let me know.

Not bullish on Ekeler? I think he’s going to have a big year.

1 Like

Ryan Tannehill may end up being a star FF QB this year.

My rule is always “Never draft a Falcon or Bengal.” It NEVER works for me.

Quintez Cephus…

My problem with Ekeler and the rest of the Chargers is that they hired Lombardi as their OC. I can’t make myself draft any of them.

4 Likes

Maybe the 2nd time around is better for him. But, it didn’t go well in Detroit for him and he had a lot of talent with Stafford, Megatron and Golden Tate.

That’s a good point. What an odd hire by Staley. The Morris hire by McVay and the Lombardi hire are two of the more WTF promotions to coordinator this offseason (IMO).

1 Like

2 keeper max. I have Diggs too, but I pick 8/10, so whoever I let go I won’t get back.

1 Like