Your favorite Beatle

You can all hate me but the beatles are extremely overrated… they are okay but there is a lot better music out there

2 Likes

Lol go see yourself out the door!

I’m kidding. I don’t agree, however I’ve heard that. What are you into or what do you think was better/more influential? Honest question no judgement at all. Or are you just a Stones over the Beatles fan? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Wait, is that a trick question? Let It Be, LOL. (Long And Winding Road is way up there, too.)

1 Like

Haha no not a trick question! Just asking.

Great choices I love both those songs.

I would probably go with Two of Us and across the universe as my two favs though from that album.

There are no wrong answers!

Side note let it be was one of the first songs I learned to play on the guitar

1 Like

I went through a phase where I said the same thing. Just like when I was younger I had no use for James Taylor. Having spent a few decades listening to music from different genres, you gain an appreciation for the talent and artistry.

(I could ruffle a crap-ton of feathers if I started naming off the bands that I thought were over-rated.)

1 Like

Man James Taylor is a really great example… wasn’t a fan of his initially but the older I’ve gotten I really respect him and his skill. He’s a great guitarist and artist!

Funny enough I remember seeing this in my late 20s/early 30s and this kinda changed my mind on James Taylor and made me listen to more of him. He is a really good guitar player, one of the best.

Yeah, freaky good. Effortless.

1 Like

Hahahaha so could I!!! And hell, I’ll start. Led Zeppelin was an amazing studio band and had awesome music but live, the shows I’ve seen anyway, they were not tight, sounded drunk and just weren’t a great live band. Now that’s only what I’ve seen… the albums, different story! (I just pissed off a lot of people I’m sure)

Another overrated band I will say is U2. Yes I know they were an 80s icon and they had some very popular and genre defining songs… but overall I just don’t think they were/are that good.

1 Like

James Taylor…

My overrated is going to begin with pretty much every grunge band ever. LOL

2 Likes

You know who he reminds me of or who I think was on par with him guitar wise is Paul Simon. Paul Simon is really damn good. Simon and Garfunkel are great but Paul Simon continued as a solo artist and went beyond that. I really respect his playing and he’s one of my favorites. I feel like him and James Taylor are kinda similar in terms of just really great guitar players, maybe sometimes a bit underrated. The melodies they’ve written are some of the most beautiful things I’ve ever heard

Lololol. Well nirvana was way better than Pearl Jam :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: but I hear ya. Actually I think the whole grunge thing got a bit convoluted. In my mind there was nirvana and then everyone else like Alice In Chains, Pearl Jam, etc. Grunge got a bit diluted at a certain point.

But if you don’t like nirvana I’m not mad saul Goode!!! :wink::+1:

Don’t know if you’ve ever seen this…

1 Like

Dude that song was sick! Loved it!!!

1 Like

AC/DC
KISS
Kid Rock

Talking about live performances… I used to like Billy Squier when I was a kid. One of the Detroit rock stations (pretty sure it was WLLZ) played a live feed of him once. Could not believe what I was hearing. Just flat awful.

1 Like

Dude never heard that and that was incredible… loved it. That was some damn fine guitar playing! Bother those videos you posted are from the same concert I’m gonna have to watch that in its entirety.

You won’t regret it, that’s for sure.

1 Like

Oh my goodness could not agree more on all those bands you listed… literally, 3 chords songs… catchy at times but…

One of things I’ve heard from a lot of musicians and artists is they want their songs to stand up to repeated listening. And more than a couple time, like hundreds of times. And they age well. That James Taylor stuff sounds as good today as it did when it was recorded

Also too, politics aside, kid rock blows. Like, he literally just rips off everyone. As a musician, he sucks, and sucks hard.

1 Like

Not a recording from the 70s but this is one of my favorite Paul Simon songs

1 Like

Also too, I said 3 chord bands, but there’s a difference beteeen a band like the ramones who were also a lot of three chord songs, but the way they played and the passion the expressed was just different and so powerful at times… moreso than the bands you mentioned who you think are overrated and I’m right with ya on those bands. I like some tunes but yeah, they get boring and not all that interesting. You hear it once, you’re good ya know?

1 Like
1 Like