Your plan to fix the WR position next year

I just wanted to hear what everyone’s plan was for fixing our WR corpse next year?

Let em fly!

Brett Perriman

8 Likes

Corpse. Appropriate choice of words.

5 Likes

High-ish draft pick. Spend some money in FA.
Love Garret Wilson for rookie.
No idea on FA’s right now. That always changes.

1 Like

1 vet Free Agent in the 14+ area.
1 draft pick at 32 or 33.
Plus Cephus, St. Brown, Raymond and Reynolds.

7 Likes

Allen Robinson has been a desired target since last off-season.

2 Likes

Yeah…but he’s going to want more than 14 million.

Sure. I’m just setting the floor. Don’t try filling the role with an 8 mil guy. We’re going to have to open up Martha’s purse.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Go Blue.

2nd 1st round pick. thats it. Reynolds #2 ASB #3

Defensive End with top pick

I would probably say go after a legit #1 like Robinson.

Draft a WR at the end of 1 or beginning of Rd 2 and a safety with the other.

Draft a developmental QB and another LB in the third.

Pray.

3 Likes

Thibodeaux is still my first choice for the Lions first pick but depending how things shake out, the Lions should consider trading up for LONDON WR of USC. He has been their offense and they have dropped off since his injury. He has huge hands and good speed and height.

1 Like

Robinson has to be hurt thsi year right? He looks like he’s playing hurt. Also, it better be because his numbers are abysmal. Complete cratering. He’s also no spring chicken at 29 at the start of next season…

Golladay Part Deux? Maybe. Gonna want Kenny G deal too. Nuh uh. No thanks.

3 Likes

I’m open minded if we get one of:

ARob
Gallup
Adams
Sutton
Chris Godwin
Mike Williams

If not they better go guns blazing in the draft. Like 2 through round 2 type of thing.

1 Like

Mike Williams could be the sweet spot there. Gallup is the wild card

1 Like

I think there’s no way we fix it next year unless we have no intention of addressing the other glaring needs.

Mike Williams is hurt so damn often though. Seems that way at least.

I think Sutton might hit the market and I think he could be a lower tier number 1.

Cedrick Wilson, Jr. is a UFA. I’ve always liked him. Chark is interesting. As is Tim Patrick. One of he or Sutton is getting say from Denver. MVS adds a unique set of skills.

I think we can and will get better at that position prior to the draft. Not sure by how much.

OK, my plan. Here goes.

We need a #1, someone who teams are instantly going to respect. So, if there’s one guy out there that fits the bill, I’m going to pony up the dough for Chris Godwin. I like the kid, think he’s a good football player.

Not done free agent shopping yet, I’m going to bring Will Fuller in. This guy is a productive speed demon when healthy.

Godwin, Fuller, and Hockenson suddenly turn this into an extremely dangerous group. All mid 20’s, experienced, and productive. If Goff can’t get it done with those three, we KNOW we need a QB in the 23 draft.

I’d probably be looking for a one trick pony, speed merchant in the mid rounds of the draft to backup Fuller, and keep St. Brown and Cephus to round things out.

I want to invest those high draft picks into a bone crushing defense that’s going to bring the pain, not splitting up resources to fill out a grocery list. By securing Godwin and Fuller, it makes a fantastic 1, 2, 3 punch with Hockenson. That’s how I fix it.

2 Likes

Whoever we get they better be yac guys if we plan on going into next year with Goff again. Be a total waste investing money in someone who stretches the field. Our receivers are far, far from great but Goff just locks onto the check down. If he weren’t like this prior to coming to Detroit already I’d say he’d been lionized, but this isn’t exactly a new development.

1 Like