Zach Charbonneau RB UCLA

What are people’s thoughts on Zach Charbonneau?

Just from the highlight video he reminds me a bit of Nick Chubb and can do a bit of everything. Reads holes well, one cut back, and always going forward, catches out of the backfield, has a little wiggle, and is a bigger back.

I think he would excel in this offense for sure.

2 Likes

I haven’t really dove into him much yet, but he has gotten a lot of discussion on this board. I know a lot of people wants Bijan, but after him Charbonnett and Gibbs have gotten a lot of attention here with the Vikings 2nd rounder or our 3rd rounder.

He transferred from Michigan because he was 3rd on the depth chart. I dont hate him but i think he is a bit overrated playing those west coast defenses.

3 Likes

Let’s start by getting his name right… It’s Charbonnet

2 Likes

No way Gibbs lasts until the 2nd round IMO, he’s going to kill the combine, I would take him at 18 if we don’t get Bijan

2 Likes

I am not a fan of Zach Carborator and I think he’s overrated. I see his ceiling as Jordan Howard, who was a 5th round pick.

The biggest problem I have with him is watching him on “NFL style” runs where you have to work in a phone booth and explode forward. He seems to need a little bit of momentum to be at his best. That works in a Shanahan offense or when Penei opens a gaping hole up. But its not worth a premium pick. I wouldn’t even look his way until the 4th round.

2 Likes

I like him but he’s definitely not special, and you can get a similar guy a round or two later in DeWayne McBride.

Charbonnet’s a lot like Jamaal Williams IMO, and there’s definitely a place for guys like that in the league (obviously). But I wouldn’t expect greatness out of him.

5 Likes

I love McBride as a runner but the gap between him and Charbonnet in thereceiving game is extreme.

Yeah I agree. And it’s not because Charbonnet’s great shakes (he’s fine), but McBride basically offers nothing.

I love the idea of getting a top RB. I trust Bradley, but from what I’ve seen of the highlights…maaaaaaannnn would I like to have Gibby. Game breaking speed, like a MF’r.
Looks like he gets to block a bit better, & won’t be perfect as a between the tackles guy.

He would have to develop as a blocker, so…
-Between the tackles → “good enough” grade
-Blocking → “Good enough”
-Pass catching → off the charts
-Home run ability → off the charts

Getting the right RB, along with making sure RG is taken care of…makes our offense very scary. Probably #1, with a little luck with health.

1 Like

Right. Is it bc he can’t or doesn’t get the opportunity? Or somewhere in between?

TBD I suppose, there’s other guys who didn’t get a chance in college who are just fine at it like Jonathan Taylor. The workout drills during the pre-draft process should give us some idea.

initally, I admit being high on Bjain-however you spell it. I am pretty interested in seeing what RB washes out to be the ONE --OR will there be a small group that are pretty damn interchangeable…

1 Like

BTW… How does a guy like Isiah Pacheco make it to the 7th round? Every time I watch a Chiefs game, he pops. Dude runs hard, is blazing fast, has good size and doesn’t go down easily… ■■■■ the Chiefs :rofl:

1 Like

Lmao :joy:

2 Likes

He played behind a shit OL for most of his career, good on them for finding him. I mean he really jumped onto everyone’s radar after he tested, but guys like him are usually a dime a dozen. I still don’t think he’s got the best vision and he’s got to hold onto the ball a little better, but that KC offense will certainly make life easy for him.

2 Likes

I just wish he was a little more decisive when hitting the hole instead of trying to setup a juke.

1 Like

I’ll take a bottle of your finest, chilled.

2 Likes

yeah I don’t see char bonnet and Gibbs in the same sentence.

I feel the same.

3 Likes

I heard Giblets could be good if done right, but I’ve never had Charred Bonnets.

1 Like