Zach Charbonneau RB UCLA

Snead drafted cam in the 2nd round and Henderson in the 3rd. The belief is about 1st rd backs. 2nd is possible and so is 3rd round.

I think a bit comes from your willingness to tease insider access, and not be specific brother…

Back in 2008 (remember vividly as my industry/business was in for straits) one of my sales reps claimed he had a connect within Dolphins organization. His father in law was head of college scouting, and I remember my guy telling me months before the draft it was a lock that Jake along was going #1…. He also told me they were all in on some kid named Lex Hiiliard a RB/FB from Montana…. Many had Hilliard as an UDFA- I know this as I researched due to my curiosity…… Long signed his contract as the #1 a few days before the draft and sure enough they drafted Lex Freaking Hilliard in 6…. I got to talk to the guy, and it was pretty cool- he said other teams were in on him until he ran a 4.69 forty and they figured he’d drop…… they loved his 10 yd burst and power-

Let’s be real- the Lions know if they are bringing swag back, as I’m positive his agent has already speculated the “ask”. They know if Commish is being realistic in his wants.

If you have an opinion, it’s welcomed, like
Ours- share away homie…… if you truly have access, either share, or respect your source and keep it quiet?

To say Holmes doesn’t value RB high when he spent a 1st, 2nd and 3rd over 6 years seem SILLY?

Could have least posted some good ones…. :worried:

1 Like

No, think you are misreading the conversation.

Okay……

Lol, I have several times. I have said what my connections to to some degree in the NFL and also in the media. And I have shared several “sources” bc they aren’t a secret….you just need to know who to follow and who to cultivate relationships w.

So this one is funny. Bc this Tibit is on twitter. Just because Brad came from LA everyone is assuming he is gonna copy sneads’s tendencies. And Brad is actually his own guy. The rams don’t have the same build through the draft mentality that Brad does. Want to challenge that fine….but then I suggest you follow Justin rogers, Jeff Risdon and a few others a little closer. The belief is he doesn’t see the value in a first round running back bc of the short shelf life and the idea that the difference isn’t that great between a back in the first and the 3rd especially in BJ’s offense. That’s a real conversation. Believe it or not, it is whatever. I share little things that I hear bc it’s helpful to most people who love the lions.

1 Like

I like how Todd Gurley can be the poster child of WHY NOT to pick a RB in the 1st round…… and at the same time… be the “proof” that shows how much Holmes values the RB position.

Kenan Thompson Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

1 Like

Not sure of your point but Akers and Henderson weren’t amongst Sneads best picks, but the intent to use high capital draft choices on RB was established, problem is they whiffed

I guess I’m going to be that bang the table guy for a top notch RB that can actually play a full season

You have to believe Holmes knows this

1 Like

Akers played 36 games in 3 years at FSU…
Henderson played 38 games in 3 years at Memphis…

Maybe there’s a lesson to be learned

Both have basically been injury prone in the NFL

Both are smallish for whatever that’s worth

The year they made the Super Bowl Gurley died halfway through the season and was outproduced by a back off the street in the playoffs

1 Like

Size has little to do with injuries.

Being lighter definitely does not lead to more Achilles injuries (Akers).

Henderson has mostly soft tissue injuries… also not relaed to smaller size.

It was to the overall point that “Brad drafted 3 backs early” so Bijan could be in play.

Snead drafted 2 backs in the 2nd and 3rd round the point was a first rd back was too steep for Brad……he very well could decide to draft a back in the 2nd or 3rd.

1 Like

If this was Jeopardy and the answer was titties the question would be “what do Jared Goff and Justin Verlander have in common?”

2 Likes

I am sure while Holmes watched Todd Gurley rush for over 200 yards he thought “RBs are easy to replace and interchangeable.”

What is jiggly tig bitties?

suck my dick GIF

1 Like

We had that here and it didn’t work out too well for us lol

He’s worried about shelf life but drafted a DT a year or it if football with an existing back injury, and a 1 year starting speed receiver who couldn’t run due to an existing torn acl?

You may have missed or ignored my post a few weeks back regarding overall shelf life. Only 64% of players get a 2nd contract, and only 30% were the same team.

I doubt Brad cares about 6 years from now honestly.

I can’t really see what post you are replying to there… care to expand on that thought?

Yup - he could be talking about an entire football team…& yes, that would be true

1 Like

Of course you know the Goats didn’t have a first round pick in both those years

It’s kind of a tradition I guess :rofl:

These 1st Round multiple picks for Holmes are clearly uncharted waters ( two years in a row)

They did draft Gurley 9-10 oa I think

Wow I thought i was being pretty obvious with Fatty Matty, but you do make a good point lol.

1 Like