#1 Overall Pick

Big V

The Christmas Eve game against Carolina will likely be the battle of number 2 vs 3 picks in the draft. I do believe Houston will inevitably be picking #1 with their remaining schedule and almost certainly will be choosing CJ or Bryce with the #1 overall pick.

I do believe we end up with the 3rd overall selection behind Houston and Carolina so the top 2 QB will almost certainly be off the board and that should make the selection of Anderson Jr a clear one.

Also don’t forget the SPLASH the Lions could do and that’s swing a trade for Lamar Jackson this offseason. I don’t believe a top 3 pick would be involved in any trade but our Rams 1st and future picks could very well be.

Imagine adding Anderson Jr to the defense as well as Jackson to the offense.

3 Likes

The Panthers held Brady to 3 points yesterday, so who really knows. Houston for sure is competition for us for the 1st pick.

2 Likes

C’mon LA, make it 1 and 2oa.

3 Likes

That has a lot more to do with how bad the Bucs are this year as well as one of those fluke wins you see every year. Hell the Bucs lost to a 1 win Steelers team the game before as well so.

1 Like

They did the same thing to us a few years ago. With PJ Walker they beat a Stafford led Lions team 20-0. It sucked because it ended our 1 game winning streak. :laughing:

2 Likes

The Panthers are only 1 game out of 1st place… haha every team in the division has a losing record.

1 Like

Tom brady was right

The league is shit this year lmao

Although if Houston somehow ends up with 2 top 5 picks it could change this whole scenario. That would allow them to possibly go with Anderson Jr #1 overall and then take someone like Will Levis with their 2nd first rounder.

I am not convinced that the Texans move on from Davis Mills so quickly.

That could very well happen although coming off a 4 win season in 2021 and following it up with a 3 (maybe wins in 2022) could justify making a change at QB.

A hard NO on Jackson. First why would the Ravens trade him? Second, you should read the Ravens forums, they are constantly complaining about Jackson not being able to read defenses and hit open receivers under pressure. I lived in the MD area 29 years, just recently moved to TN. Lots of friends back there and none of them are enamored with Jackson. He is flashy, but not the franchise QB you need.

Just for some reason after being a Lions fan for going on 40 years now with a bad heart I would cringe at seeing CJ or Will Levis in Detroit next season so trying to think of any scenario that would allow us to avoid that lmao.

The contract plain and simple is why the Ravens have brought up the notion of trading him as he has said publicly he will not play on the franchise tag next season. Also there was the question whether true or false this preseason where Lamar mentioned the Lions as on the his top 3 destinations if he was traded.

Do I think he is a top 5 QB in the league? Hell no as I think we would see a lot of the same as we have in Baltimore with the constant over or under throws to JaMo and a lot of 5 to 15 yard completions to St. Brown and TJ.

BUT even with that said Lamar CAN win games for us and we for sure will have the cap space to make it happen. Again though all this is hypothetical at best as I set here so upset seeing this team fail as bad as it has this season so far.

1 Like

I’d want to see what the rams pick is. If they continue playing like they have that could be close to a top ten pick. Maybe around 12? Of that’s the case I’m taking Anderson and hope someone like levis falls that far.

1 Like

My ideal scenario is trading one of our firsts in 23 for a 24 first. Ideally land a better quarterback prospect like Caleb Williams or jj McCarthy. Possibly even Richardson if he goes back to Florida and develops for another season.

1 Like

THIS…for me its Anderson and its not even close

3 Likes

A name to keep on the radar with our second 1st this year is Hendon Hooker. A legit dual threat QB who’s numbers at Tennessee over the last 2 years is right up there with the best of them (49 TD’s to 4 INT) and has Tennessee ranked #3 so far.

If they beat Georgia and he continues to put up great numbers he is likely the Heisman winner with the only knock on him in the upcoming draft is his age (24 and will be 25 come draft time). But that is something we have seen a few times over the last few drafts with Burrow and Pickett this year.

Joe Burrow is in his 3rd NFL season and is only 13 months older than Hooker. Kenny Pickett is in the middle of his 1st season in the NFL and is 6 months younger than Hooker who is still running around playing college football.

2 win teams:

Panthers, Browns, Broncos, Jaguars, Saints, Steelers, Bears, Raiders

1 win teams:

Lions, Texans

Which teams from above will most likely need a QB in the draft or FA?

Panthers - Saints? - Lions? - Texans

I don’t see the Bears, Steelers, Broncos, Raiders, Jaguars, Browns drafting a QB high in the draft.

The Christmas Eve game (Lions vs Panthers) could be a battle for the #1 overall pick.