#3 Spot

im seeing closer to the 2nd or 3rd. Looks like a great tackler. I like the pursuit and sticky hands. He doesnt let go once he has you.

1 Like

I love, love, love the kid. Great leader. Instincts are off the charts which along with his preternatural understanding of angles allows his athleticism to play up. Heā€™s not amazing in coverage but heā€™s better than anything we currently have. He was Calā€™s next pass rusher as well.

In the third Iā€™m in. As much as I like him, pick 35 seems too rich to me.

Jordyn Brooks is really terrific as well.

1 Like

Would 12th and 19th for #3 OA be fair for both Lions and LV Raiders? Maybe a 3rd rounder as well according to those draft trade value points gimmicks. Assuming a QB blows up the boards and LV wants to move on from Carr - Gruden could fall in love with a QB and be crazy enough to pay the price.

Or we could drop back to Miamiā€™s #5 and pick up their second rounder(#39) if they get spooked weā€™re trading out to a team who wants Tua.

LV would also have to throw in the last of their three thirds to make that work. At least going by the draft value chart.

I donā€™t know about moving down to 12 though. I think you risk missing out on a blue chipper. I guess it depends on what the staff thinks of guys like Javon Kinlaw.

Raekwon Davis is like 6ā€™7", he would be a good fit here but at DE. I donā€™t see him as a regular on the interior.

He was amazing as a Sophomore but really hasnā€™t ever regained that form

Thats where i though he would play too.

This is an interesting link for the pick ahead of usā€¦

https://www.hogshaven.com/2020-draft-profiles

What motivation would Oakland have for giving up all those picks? That isnā€™t Grudenā€™s style. He is the guy who amasses more draft picks in the first round.

Well I assume the motivation would be that Gruden knows that Derek Carr isnā€™t even Ryan Tannehill good

I could absolutely see Gruden loving Tua if he comes out and his hip checks out.

1 Like

I think this scenario is pretty likely. We take Young at 3.

1 Like

My TD target, Gross-Matos all snaps v OSU 2019. Thing is with Penn State is they used this guy inside at freaking NT a lot throughout the season. Same in the Bowl Game. But here against OSU he gets most of his time at RDE. I see him as a guy who comes in and is basically a better pass rusher at end than Hand, but a guy who still has the strength and quickness to reduce inside when they bring the SAM down. Beating out Okwara at LDE is probably the easiest starter to overtake at least until we know Harrison is done.

Gross-Matos goes 6ā€™5 265ish and is said to run a 4.5. So I think he is a guy who will blow up the combine, then everyone will say well, they played him out of position at NT but is an EDGE/ 5t in the league with scheme versatility. I think he emerges as the #2 DE behind Young and honestly I think he has the potential to be just as good as Young in the NFL. Young is more explosive and bendy, but I see more consistent effort out of Yetur. I see TJ Watt. Can crash down the line and tag RBā€™s at the LOS. Raw pass rush move wise, but he can learn that, and heā€™s said to be an extremely hard worker and leader. TD w Miami for 5 and their 2nd rounder. Iā€™m good taking him there.

Saw video. Raw. Not a top-10 player, IMOā€¦Heā€™s closer to Epenesa than to Young. Epenesa appears to me to have more ability to withstand the point-of-attack at LDE, a physically stronger player. Matos has more agility, a little quicker. Closing speed similar. It appears Matos lacks a 2nd move to disengage from the offensive tackle. Epenesa has more moves if the 1st move doesnā€™t work. Oft times Epenesa resorts to bull rush and wins.

IMO, Matos would be viable between #17-#20 at the present time. I DO realize heā€™s playing against a talent laden team like the Bucks. Both players played in the rugged BIG 10.

Epenesa was Defensive MVP in the Holiday Bowl which I watched intently, and was matched against USCā€™s LT- Austin Jackson, who is forecasted by Tankathon to go very high in the 2nd Round - #36. granted Tankathon is NOT the be all/end all, I get that. That said Jackson is a very good LT on the USC team with a bright NFL future. USC is reknown for OL and LTā€™s, specifically.

IF, IF, IF, the Lions could trade down with the Fins and snare their #25 Pick instead of the Fins #39 Pick, because of QB Draft competition by other QB needy teams, Then I would be all over the Matos Pick, if Matos should still be available at #20-#22. Throw in the Lions 4th & 5th Round pick, along with #25, and maybe you could steal Matosā€¦Drafting DT Brown, Signing DT FA KCā€™s Jones, and drafting Matos at #25 would generally excite Lion Fans and quiet SOME skepticsā€¦A Possibilityā€¦Fins have the ammo to close the Deal at #3 if they believe other teams may jump them (Chargers/Panthers/Jaguars). But word on the Left Coast is the Chargers want Oregonā€™s QB Hebert to replace Rivers, who is a FAā€¦

Who knows? Tua may return to Alabama. He doesnā€™t have to declare his intent for another 2 weeksā€¦Stay tunedā€¦Always like your insightā€¦

GOALPOST

Just watched the Epenesa Minnesota film. It was weird, he was invisible in the 1st half. Getting single blocked and just standing around locked up with the OT. Then 2nd half he started making plays. Might have to watch more film on him, see what kind of consistency he has. Might be a consideration in a trade down. He would basically be replacing Hand, so if they think Hand can get healthy, wouldnā€™t exactly fill a need.

Why do people think we are drafting Chase Young? Do you think he is going to be a successful 2 gap DE in this scheme?

Simmons is my sleeper pick!

Little undersized but heā€™s a playmaker all over the field and we lack that on D!!!

Coaching staff has indicated they prefer heavier, slower LBs with inability to cover.

2 Likes

That is exactly what I was seeing when I started that post about him the other day, but couldnā€™t find the words. Great post.

I am just hoping that he is in reach for the Lions whereever he falls in the draft.