A new backup QB on the way?

San Francisco 49ers Appear More Likely To Cut Jimmy Garoppolo Rather Than Trade Him

2 Likes

Nice to see you here, Pat.

2 Likes

Colts sound QB rich. Cuts coming.

Behind Ryan and Foles is second-year man Sam Ehlinger and undrafted rookie free agent Jack Coan. Ehlinger is a player that general manager Chris Ballard and Frank Reich really like. His talent is good but it’s the other things he brings that they really like. Part of the reason why after trading Carson Wentz they didn’t rush out to get another QB.

Then there’s the former Notre Dame quarterback in Coan. He was a solid QB in college and depending on who you talk to his NFL projection varies anywhere from backup to solid starter. Considering the possible range of outcomes from Coan and the team’s feelings towards Ehlinger, it was a bit surprising that the Colts added Coan. He did draw comparisons to Brian Hoyer during the scouting process. There is a theory as to why the team selected Coan.

1 Like

Let’s trade for him. 25m for a back-up QB is a steal… lol

Even if there’s a team out there who think he can be their starter it will take him weeks to get up to speed. No one’s trading for him. SF way mismanaged that.

1 Like

Rudolph is a statue. You better pick up the Blitzen.

3 Likes

Oh Snap GIF by T-Pain

3 Likes

Couple of thoughts.

1. Rudolph is not Better then blough or Boyle in this system. He is trash.
  2. Poni is not considered a credible source and is banned from publications like the USA Today sports crew.
  3. steeler people view him as a joke.
  4. he has a radio show and they were talking about possible Steelers that could be on the way out and it’s no secret that Rudolph is not liked in Pittsburgh and is not beating out tribs or Pickett. Poni says in his show “hey lions have the worst back up position in the league, mason to Detroit! Book it!” And that is how this “rumor” got started.

Take it for what’s it’s worth……

5 Likes

100% agree with you that they mismanaged it

1 Like

I actually wouldn’t hate Rudolph if it cost us next to nothing.

Could always wait and see if Pitt cuts him in a few weeks but no guarantee he signs with us.

I also would be on board with Minshew mania assuming he isn’t being paid a ton

1 Like

BuT oUr MaGiC bEaNs!!

2 Likes

I believe in ppl’s ability to change, but I don’t want this guy, as of right now.

Personally I’d give the Rams a 6th for Bryce Perkins

Damn I thought we was bringing Dave Krieg out of retirement :cry:

3 Likes

Yeap my step son is a Steelers fan, and he thinks Rudolph is horrible no upgrade at all more like a little side step.

1 Like

I’m sorry

1 Like

Gary Danielson, bro. :wink:

1 Like

You can be both horrible and an improvement on Boyle. Those 2 aren’t mutually exclusive. He better be dirt cheap if we trade for him though. I think we could get just as good of a guy from the USFL.

3 Likes

I kinda rather just roll
With who we got

1 Like

I’d consider even a better offer for minshew if it was needed to make the move happen.

1 Like

I’m just saying that we could’ve gotten Minshew last season for a 6th round pick (which is what Philly gave up for him). I’d argue that he’s the best backup in the league.

3 Likes